Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 35,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Configure FireTV with XBMC, then backup to restore to 2nd unit

Tip us?

DHeffernan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Configure FireTV with XBMC, then backup to restore to 2nd unit

Hi all,

I just configured a FireTV with XBMC and bunch of addons etc.. What I want to do now is backup that xbmc configuration so that I can restore the same thing on another unit that I plan to sell.

I used adbFire to backup XBMC but I'm not sure it doesn't look like it pulled a lot of the files down or properly.

Can someone tell me how I can go about achieving what I want? Thanks!

collindv
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHeffernan View Post
Hi all,

I just configured a FireTV with XBMC and bunch of addons etc.. What I want to do now is backup that xbmc configuration so that I can restore the same thing on another unit that I plan to sell.

I used adbFire to backup XBMC but I'm not sure it doesn't look like it pulled a lot of the files down or properly.

Can someone tell me how I can go about achieving what I want? Thanks!
There is an add on you can download under programs within XBMC that will back everything up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DHeffernan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by collindv View Post
There is an add on you can download under programs within XBMC that will back everything up.

Yah I found that addon its XBMC Backup.

However once I did it and saved the thing on the sdcard folder of the FireTV, how exactly do I get it off?

I know I can use the adb pull command, however that would take forever as god knows how many files are there..

collindv
Old
Thanks Meter 46
If the boxes are rooted you can use stickmount to mount an external USB drive, then transfer the backups there (or potentially backup straight there if the add on settings allow it)

modstore
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHeffernan View Post
Yah I found that addon its XBMC Backup.

However once I did it and saved the thing on the sdcard folder of the FireTV, how exactly do I get it off?

I know I can use the adb pull command, however that would take forever as god knows how many files are there..
Or use Sambadroid to setup a share, and transfer it over from there.