Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Amazon music

Tip us?

kansas666
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Amazon music

I noticed last night that Amazon added music to the menu. So now I have my entire Cloud music library available on my Fire TV. I was thrilled at first until I discovered voice search doesn't work and neither did keyboard search. All I can do is scroll through my music by category. My library contains about 200 Gb of music. This is a very cumbersome and disappointing process.

Has anyone discovered a search method for music that escapes me?

fireTVnews.com
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas666 View Post
I noticed last night that Amazon added music to the menu. So now I have my entire Cloud music library available on my Fire TV. I was thrilled at first until I discovered voice search doesn't work and neither did keyboard search. All I can do is scroll through my music by category. My library contains about 200 Gb of music. This is a very cumbersome and disappointing process.

Has anyone discovered a search method for music that escapes me?
Voice search works for me. It often shows video results first, but there is always a music tab on the search page that brings up my Amazon Cloud music. Perhaps it just needs a bit of time to index all your music.

roaoro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does this show the Prime Music playlists?

mikespe
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Where are you seeing Prime Music? I don't have it on mine. I did have the update block on but I turned it off & checked for updates but got none...

fireTVnews.com
Old
(Last edited by fireTVnews.com; 22nd July 2014 at 04:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaoro View Post
Does this show the Prime Music playlists?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
Where are you seeing Prime Music? I don't have it on mine. I did have the update block on but I turned it off & checked for updates but got none...
There is no Prime Music. Only Amazon Music. Once you get the 51.1.1.0 update, it adds a "music" menu to the home screen. In the music menu, you will see songs you've purchased from Amazon and songs you've uploaded to your Cloud Drive. It does not show anything from Prime Music yet. That is coming later this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to fireTVnews.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]