Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 37,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Amazon YouTube app tribulations

Tip us?

Ipse_Tase
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Thumbs down Amazon YouTube app tribulations

For the life of me I can't get this app installed on my AFTV. have FireTube working, but this one at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00.../ref=mas_ya_dp
just won't install.

Initially I was getting a "geography restriction" on the website, that went away and I purchased the app. I still cannot install it or "deliver " it to the AFTV.
I also tried getting the app from a buddy and sideloaded it, but it complains that I do not "own" the app and quits.

Any suggestions? This is very frustrating....and made me realize how much more restrictive the Amazon app store is compared to Google Play.
Note 3 4.4.2 Stock, not by choice
Ouya Stock, rooted >>>> replaced by AFTV, you guessed: stock
Kobo Arc10HD 4.2.2 Stock, rooted...can you say I am...STOCKED?

retroben
Old
Thanks Meter 33
If you have access to sideloading,try the YouTube HD Mod from XDA itself. (too lazy to link,just google it/search in XDA forum searchbox)

If that doesn't suit your needs,there's lots of other YouTube apps out there nowadays,a few of them are really good.

Ipse_Tase
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
If you have access to sideloading,try the YouTube HD Mod from XDA itself. (too lazy to link,just google it/search in XDA forum searchbox)
If that doesn't suit your needs,there's lots of other YouTube apps out there nowadays,a few of them are really good.
I have that one installed and it doesn't cut it as Amazon f...d user authentication and I can't log in to get my subscriptions. I also installed Youtube for TV - which works beautifully on Ouya - much better TV oriented interface. No dice either getting past login.

Why are these monkeys unable to understand that making things proprietary will always lead to disaster. I assume Amazon only cares about their drone users gobbling Prime content - maybe they will abandon Netflix support too...
Note 3 4.4.2 Stock, not by choice
Ouya Stock, rooted >>>> replaced by AFTV, you guessed: stock
Kobo Arc10HD 4.2.2 Stock, rooted...can you say I am...STOCKED?

retroben
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Should have mentioned I stay logged out with no issues.

Unless a login nagscreen is preventing you from using the app,you should be fine,albeit without subscription access.