Amazon YouTube app tribulations

27th August 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60

346 posts
For the life of me I can't get this app installed on my AFTV. have FireTube working, but this one at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00.../ref=mas_ya_dp
just won't install.

Initially I was getting a "geography restriction" on the website, that went away and I purchased the app. I still cannot install it or "deliver " it to the AFTV.
I also tried getting the app from a buddy and sideloaded it, but it complains that I do not "own" the app and quits.

Any suggestions? This is very frustrating....and made me realize how much more restrictive the Amazon app store is compared to Google Play.
27th August 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Fultondale
Thanks Meter: 35

283 posts
More
If you have access to sideloading,try the YouTube HD Mod from XDA itself. (too lazy to link,just google it/search in XDA forum searchbox)

If that doesn't suit your needs,there's lots of other YouTube apps out there nowadays,a few of them are really good.
27th August 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60

346 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben

If you have access to sideloading,try the YouTube HD Mod from XDA itself. (too lazy to link,just google it/search in XDA forum searchbox)
If that doesn't suit your needs,there's lots of other YouTube apps out there nowadays,a few of them are really good.

I have that one installed and it doesn't cut it as Amazon f...d user authentication and I can't log in to get my subscriptions. I also installed Youtube for TV - which works beautifully on Ouya - much better TV oriented interface. No dice either getting past login.

Why are these monkeys unable to understand that making things proprietary will always lead to disaster. I assume Amazon only cares about their drone users gobbling Prime content - maybe they will abandon Netflix support too...
27th August 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag Fultondale
Thanks Meter: 35

283 posts
More
Should have mentioned I stay logged out with no issues.

Unless a login nagscreen is preventing you from using the app,you should be fine,albeit without subscription access.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread