FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

very disappointed with AFTV Sleep mode

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jezzirolk, Junior Member on 19th July 2014, 06:03 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th November 2014, 06:46 PM |#11  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I did a search thru the HDMI-CEC specs and not once did I find any mention that it had a command to turn of the TV.

26th November 2014, 01:51 AM |#12  
Flag Ephrata PA
Thanks Meter: 92

More
My fire TV never seems to go to sleep in general, the light is always on and it's frustrating I've tried what I could considering I'm not rooted due to the new upgrade. I wish I would have rooted it back when I bought it but I never got around to it.
27th July 2015, 06:52 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sorry for digging up such an old post but I have the same problem and would like to know if somebody fixed it.

I'm using a Fujitsu PC monitor and a FireTV Stick to stream some Netflix before going to bed. Turning off my PC immediately triggers the monitors standby because the signal is gone, but sending the FTV to sleep seems to keep the HDMI active, so the monitor just shows a black screen, but stays active.

Is there any way to turn off the HDMI completely?
27th July 2015, 01:48 PM |#14  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyder

I did a search thru the HDMI-CEC specs and not once did I find any mention that it had a command to turn of the TV.

You can switch off all CEC devices via broadcast or a single device via address (address 0 is for TV).

Quote:

CEC 13.3 System Standby
CEC 13.3.1 Messages
The following message is used for the System Standby feature:
<Standby>
CEC 13.3.2 Feature Description
The broadcast message <Standby> can be used to switch all CEC devices to standby.
A device can switch another single device into standby by sending the message <Standby> as a directly
addressed message to it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread