Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

Another bricked AFTV can't enter recovery boot

OP kodikas

28th July 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Hello,

Only today I received my fire tv and rooted with ADBfire tool and disabled updates with pm disable com.amazon.dcp command ( this is the only method I used). Then installed busybox and wanted to mount USB drive with ADBfire tool but there was some errors so I uninstalled busybox and done factory reset. After this my box boots to Amazon fire TV colour logo and says "press start on the remote" when I press start for 2-3 times the led on the box starts to flash orange colour . I found that you can enter recovery mode with USB keyboard connected. I done everything but my box just keeps restarting and no recovery option. Is it possible that my recovery partition is corrupted? Is there something I can do to unbrick my box?
28th July 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Just a follow up:
I'm still can't boot to recovery mode. What I tried:
Holding Print/I/ALT and after I see amazon colour logo press all buttons again. Then screen flickers and starts boot again. Then again after I see colour logo press all buttons. After 2-3 times box restarts and on TV shows message "No Signal' for about 1-2 sec and box starts boot again. Then I see black screen with Amazon logo but no recovery option nothing =. I was playing for about 1h and no recovery. Is it possible that my box can't enter recovery?
29th July 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
When entering recovery menu does ethernet must be connected? Does remote must be on? I'm trying everything but can't enter recovery mode. My box just restarts and that's it. Any info or help will appreciated
29th July 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 18

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodikas

When entering recovery menu does ethernet must be connected? Does remote must be on? I'm trying everything but can't enter recovery mode. My box just restarts and that's it. Any info or help will appreciated

Hi

Have tried a differnt keyboard? or the keyboard without the HUB? (if you are using one)
29th July 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jljaries42@gmail.com

Hi

Have tried a differnt keyboard? or the keyboard without the HUB? (if you are using one)

I was trying with 4 different keyboards and connecting with or without hub. Then on 3 different TV + 3 different HDMI cables + removed batteries on remote + ethernet cable connected and disconnected + different combinations on keyboard NOTHING by my understanding this is because I done "disable com.amazon.dcp" and then factory reset. I'm planing to play more latter today and update if I will have any luck.
30th July 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #6  
Flag Undisclosed Swamp Location, FL
Thanks Meter: 440

358 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodikas

I was trying with 4 different keyboards and connecting with or without hub. Then on 3 different TV + 3 different HDMI cables + removed batteries on remote + ethernet cable connected and disconnected + different combinations on keyboard NOTHING by my understanding this is because I done "disable com.amazon.dcp" and then factory reset. I'm planing to play more latter today and update if I will have any luck.

I can verify it has nothing to do with disabling the updates in that manner.. I have factory reseted at least 10 times and each time I disable the updates immediately with pm disable. It must be something else you've done.
30th July 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastafunk

I can verify it has nothing to do with disabling the updates in that manner.. I have factory reseted at least 10 times and each time I disable the updates immediately with pm disable. It must be something else you've done.

Rooted then installed busybox and that's it.
30th July 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #8  
Flag Ocean City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 156

950 posts
More
You are probably just using the wrong key presses or your timing is off. On my keyboard, its alt + sysrq + i. Do that a few times while booting up. If you do manage to get to the "update failed" screen, do the keypress again. The press home button on keyboard to bring up menu and choose factory reset. Or maybe when its booting and tells you to press home key on remote, use a keyboard instead and see if it gets any further.
Last edited by {ParanoiA}; 30th July 2014 at 02:20 PM.
30th July 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by {ParanoiA}

You are probably just using the wrong key presses or your timing is off. On my keyboard, its alt + sysrq + i. Do that a few times while booting up. If you do manage to get to the "update failed" screen, do the keypress again. The press home button on keyboard to bring up menu and choose factory reset. Or maybe when its booting and tells you to press home key on remote, use a keyboard instead and see if it gets any further.

When I see colour Amazon logo I'm pressing Alt+PrtSc/Sysrq+i then screen goes black and colour Amazon logon come up then again I'm pressing the same combination and then box just won't boot, then I wait for about 2 min and again box starts to boot first white Amazon logo then colour Amazon logo and I'm pressing combination again then box restarts 2 times and shuts down. I was trying left ALT right ALT 4 different keyboards but never saw failed screen. My friend have Amazon box and I booted to failed screen without problems with all keyboards. I think that I need to send box back to Amazon for replacement.
28th August 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

54 posts
Could you fix the problem?
Hello,
I was reading some post of bricked FATVs, wondering if you fixed your proboem and if you did, how?

How can you brick a AFTV?

Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread