988 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,049
By rbox, Senior Member on 28th July 2014, 07:10 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th October 2014, 01:50 AM |#11  
Flag north of 49th
Thanks Meter: 54
Originally Posted by nyder

Did you notice if you light in the front was yellow at the time? I used a wired ethernet connection, but I have noticed at times I have managed to lose internet connection (while keeping local connection) and my light will be yellow and flashing when this happens.

Doesn't happen often (like 4 times so far) and not sure why, but I mess around with stuff a lot, so I didn't think much about it.

yes this has happened to me also a few times, but for me I just plug in Ethernet cable for a bit then unplug cable and wifi kicks right in and I'm good to go till the next time....dill
28th November 2014, 11:21 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 11
Thumbs down
I have daily wifi drops... 50% of the time going to Settings/Networking and doing a rescan fixes it - 50% I must reboot the FTV. I have an ASUS AC68U with Merlin firmware and the signal strength is always "very good". I've tried both 2.4 & 5.0 GHz.

anyone have a fix for this?

26th June 2015, 05:52 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0
Same issue....any resolution ever found?
Originally Posted by rbox

Has anyone else had issues with the wireless on the Fire TV? Randomly my wifi connection drops out and I either have to reboot or attempt to connect to another access point and then connect back to my normal one. I have no problems on ethernet.

I have had my Amazon Fire TV since last Christmas and no issues until this last update was done. Now Wifi as well as Ethernet connections will drop and at first I thought it was Comcast and each time I logged into my account on my Samsung and ran the connection test, it was always fine, so I would retry FTV and it worked again. So I figured must have been a hickup. Well now it is doing it all the time so I am thinking it is the Fire TV unit. The light on front will blink Amber when the drops happen.
27th September 2015, 07:22 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0
I recently got a fire stick. It has lost the WiFi connection twice, at which time the video I am watching is frozen to a blank screen with the circular "in progress" icon showing. I found that disconnecting and reconnecting the usb power plug into the fire stick gets it rebooted with the WiFi connection 're established. This seems to be a problem many fire s tick users encounter.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread