5,815,061 Members 37,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My FTV will not reboot. Is there a way to reflash with stock?

Tip us?

bafangul
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] My FTV will not reboot. Is there a way to reflash with stock?

Hi all,

I am rooted and was trying to update to latest update. I have enabled the update. It is downloaded. When I go to system menu and press select to update "Your Amazon Fire TV is Powering Off" comes one, but the FTV never powers off or reboots. I have to unplug it and restart manually. When it restarts, it does not install the update. I have tried to manually update with final command of 'adb recovery reboot', but the FTV does nothing. I have tried to use the unbrick method to reinstall stock or even get to reset default settings, but when I press alt + prt scr + i multiple times, on the fourth or fifth restart/try it just says no signal on the tv, but the FTV led light are on. slowly dimming and brightening forever. (I've left it this way overnight to see). It never gets to recovery. I've reset to factory default in the main menu, but that did not help. I'm not sure what to do from here. I'd like to reflash with stock software and restart from the beginning but I can't seem to get to that point. Can anyone help me?

{ParanoiA}
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Maybe try the script in the development thread
HTC ONE M8: S-OFF
ROM: ViperOneM8
RECOVERY: TWRP
KERNEL: Stock