[Q] What Happens To Apps That Disappear From FireTV App Store?

4th July 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I am quite positive I have posted to the wrong forum. My question has nothing to do with rooting nor side-loading or any of the other wonderful things you are doing here. The problem is, I don't know where else to ask my question and after reading the community guidelines:

XDA-Developers was founded on the simple principle that *sharing is good* and when many people share what they know, everyone benefits. We exist upon this ethos. We respect each other, we share with each other, we do not judge one another, and we help all who ask.

I figured this was probably the best place to ask.

I have created a tool that monitors which apps are officially available for the FireTV. It tells me as soon as something new lands, if something goes on sale, etc. The problem is - sometimes apps that were available disappear.

For instance - Redux TV (ASIN=B00H8X82AC) It was there for a couple of weeks and this morning, it appears to have disappeared completely from the app store (not just FireTV apps). Did anyone have this installed - does it still work - should I continue to list this as a compatible app?

Some of the items that have disappeared are still available on the app store but not Fire TV such as Twitch (ASIN=B007SOQBCM) and Infinite OverDrive (ASIN=B00K32M1TS). Others were flagged/banned such as VeneziaTestApp CIC Sayak June 14 DeviceLaunch Malware Flagged 001 (ASIN=B00L4VKLBM).

Here is one more for safe measure - TubeMusic - Play Billboard top songs on your TV (ASIN=B00KJW667A)

My problem is I don't know if I should continue to list the apps or remove them from my tool since I don't know what happens to them after they are no longer available from the app store (I didn't happen to install any of these apps). Has anyone here installed any of these apps through the app store (not side-loaded) and can tell me if they still function on the FireTV?

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread