FORUMS

Netflix outside of US?

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By modstore, Member on 3rd September 2014, 10:58 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm in Australia and have Netflix working fine on my Roku 3 using a DNS service. But I'm not sure how to install Netflix on the Fire TV. I can't install from the Fire TV app store, as it says I'm in the wrong region (tried with hola in by browser too, but still the same deal).

I sideloaded the standard Netflix app from the play store, but I can't make selections because it's a touch based app, unless there's a workaround for this I don't know about? Also read though, that the quality is limited in this app.

I thought maybe the GTV Netflix app may work? I can't find an apk to test this though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

4th September 2014, 01:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Im in Bermuda and when i first tried installing netflix i got the wrong region message as well. After i put in my DNS i was able to get it. Dont know why but it worked. Have you tried getting it from the amazon website? You can choose to "deliver" it to your device. You may get lucky.
4th September 2014, 02:36 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Thanks for the reply. I've managed to register US amazon.com account, previously amazon was telling me my account was registered on amazon.com.au - so I will try changing the account details on the FireTV tonight and see how it goes.
5th September 2014, 09:26 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
No problem getting Netflix app on the device after I have a US Amazon account.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)