Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,745 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I install Kindle Fire games/apps I bought onto Fire TV?

Tip us?

onlinespending
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Can I install Kindle Fire games/apps I bought onto Fire TV?

I bought a few Kindle Fire games through Amazon.com without actually owning a Kindle Fire, thinking that I could somehow install them to any old Android device. I'm curious if I'd be able to install and play those games on the Fire TV, or does Amazon restrict it to apps and games made specifically for the Fire TV? Does rooting and the ability to side load change any of this? I suppose I'd still need to somehow install the Amazon Fire apps through the Amazon App Store. Thanks for any help.

kairnage
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
I bought a few Kindle Fire games through Amazon.com without actually owning a Kindle Fire, thinking that I could somehow install them to any old Android device. I'm curious if I'd be able to install and play those games on the Fire TV, or does Amazon restrict it to apps and games made specifically for the Fire TV? Does rooting and the ability to side load change any of this? I suppose I'd still need to somehow install the Amazon Fire apps through the Amazon App Store. Thanks for any help.
It should work. The apps normally will install on any device you have installed the app store on. If they don't show up in your purchased/downloaded app list you may have to sideload them.