Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can I install Kindle Fire games/apps I bought onto Fire TV?

OP onlinespending

21st August 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

271 posts
I bought a few Kindle Fire games through Amazon.com without actually owning a Kindle Fire, thinking that I could somehow install them to any old Android device. I'm curious if I'd be able to install and play those games on the Fire TV, or does Amazon restrict it to apps and games made specifically for the Fire TV? Does rooting and the ability to side load change any of this? I suppose I'd still need to somehow install the Amazon Fire apps through the Amazon App Store. Thanks for any help.
21st August 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 68

251 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinespending

I bought a few Kindle Fire games through Amazon.com without actually owning a Kindle Fire, thinking that I could somehow install them to any old Android device. I'm curious if I'd be able to install and play those games on the Fire TV, or does Amazon restrict it to apps and games made specifically for the Fire TV? Does rooting and the ability to side load change any of this? I suppose I'd still need to somehow install the Amazon Fire apps through the Amazon App Store. Thanks for any help.

It should work. The apps normally will install on any device you have installed the app store on. If they don't show up in your purchased/downloaded app list you may have to sideload them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread