Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 45,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cant get media from NAS- HELP!!

Tip us?

Vylle
Old
(Last edited by Vylle; 10th July 2014 at 10:12 PM.) Reason: original problem solvedf
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question Cant get media from NAS- HELP!!

hey, i have an unrooted firetv and im trying to play some roms through xbmc (using rom collection browser). the roms are located on a NAS drive which all my devices have access to. I was able to get the plugin to import the roms and scrape the data but when i try to play any rom using an emulator i installed i get a message saying "unable to locate path sda1/blahblahblah/roms, path does not exist". I figure that this is because the device wont allow me to play the roms from the network shared

but if i were to root my drive - would it be possible to play the games i have from the shared drive or would i have to try something else like Samba or mounting a USB stick and porting the games to it?

even though XBMC can see the network drive.. im not sure if the fire TV itself does, so how would i let my firetv have access to the shared drive so i wont see this message anymore?
VYLLE

Primary Phone: Google Nexus 5
ROM: xenonHD 4.4.2 20140331
Kernel: Faux
SD Layout: 32GB Class

Secondary Phone: Motorola Photon 4G

Next Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

The 4G's of a techie's life
|GAMES|=o=|GIRLS|=o=|GADGETS|=o=|GOLD|

Vylle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
anyone able to help? im wondering if side-loading this SMB app on the fire tv will allow the device itself to see the shared folder and play games from it

has anyone tried this as yet?
VYLLE

Primary Phone: Google Nexus 5
ROM: xenonHD 4.4.2 20140331
Kernel: Faux
SD Layout: 32GB Class

Secondary Phone: Motorola Photon 4G

Next Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

The 4G's of a techie's life
|GAMES|=o=|GIRLS|=o=|GADGETS|=o=|GOLD|