Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

MKV Playback is Jittery

OP jdawg0024

22nd July 2014, 06:01 AM   |  #11  
Flag Fultondale
Thanks Meter: 36

297 posts
More
You are at a stalemate with XBMC since an OTA update reportedly fixed jittery 1080P playback AFAIK.

I found some speed enhancements throughout the weeks,but I never got around to posting them all.
Terribly sorry about forgetting to make that speed enhancement thread to those that want it,I have just been out of it lately.
The Following User Says Thank You to retroben For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 143

663 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben

You are at a stalemate with XBMC since an OTA update reportedly fixed jittery 1080P playback AFAIK.

I found some speed enhancements throughout the weeks,but I never got around to posting them all.
Terribly sorry about forgetting to make that speed enhancement thread to those that want it,I have just been out of it lately.

Could you give more details on this OTA update?

Ended up going back to my WD Live TV. MKV playback blows the amazon fireTV out of the water. I will continue to follow its progress and hopefully it gets better. I will buy it again once things get ironed out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
10th October 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #13  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 28

244 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg0024

Could you give more details on this OTA update?

Ended up going back to my WD Live TV. MKV playback blows the amazon fireTV out of the water. I will continue to follow its progress and hopefully it gets better. I will buy it again once things get ironed out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Hey, just wondering if this ever got resolved. I'm also a WDTV Live user, and I was thinking about "upgrading" to a FireTV with its much snappier interface, more apps, etc. But almost ALL of my movies and TV are h264 mkvs with either DTS or AC3 sound (and some AAC/mp4s mixed in there as well).

Can the FireTV play those kinds of files flawlessly from a SMB or NFS share? It's been months since this thread was active, so I wanted to see if this is a "solved" issue nowadays. Thanks!
Last edited by lannister80; 10th October 2014 at 05:36 PM.
10th October 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #14  
Flag Sarnia
Thanks Meter: 16

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lannister80

Hey, just wondering if this ever got resolved. I'm also a WDTV Live user, and I was thinking about "upgrading" to a FireTV with its much snappier interface, more apps, etc. But almost ALL of my movies and TV are h264 mkvs with either DTS or AC3 sound (and some AAC/mp4s mixed in there as well).

Can the FireTV play those kinds of files flawlessly from a SMB or NFS share? It's been months since this thread was active, so I wanted to see if this is a "solved" issue nowadays. Thanks!

flawlessly dude.. the OP was one of the few experiencing issues, i have a huge library of files on my SMB share and they all stream and play flawlessly.
10th October 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #15  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 28

244 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhumber

flawlessly dude.. the OP was one of the few experiencing issues, i have a huge library of files on my SMB share and they all stream and play flawlessly.

So just sideload XBMC (any particular version/build/etc?) and you're off to the races? No rooting, no flashing, etc?

Plays mkvs containing h264 or MPEG4, DTS or AC3, old xvid avis, etc? Will it play subtitles that aren't muxed into the mkvs (like in an srt file named the same as the mkv)?
15th October 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I am also experiencing judder when playing 1080p H.264 (AC3 audio) MKV files with the fire TV.

Iíve tried XBMC and MXPlayer. I am seeing judder and frame drops with my AFTV, but canít figure out why or how to tweak it. The same files play smoothly on my Galaxy S4 and Nexus 7 using MX Player.

Any thoughts?
15th October 2014, 11:43 AM   |  #17  
Flag Sarnia
Thanks Meter: 16

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lannister80

So just sideload XBMC (any particular version/build/etc?) and you're off to the races? No rooting, no flashing, etc?

Plays mkvs containing h264 or MPEG4, DTS or AC3, old xvid avis, etc? Will it play subtitles that aren't muxed into the mkvs (like in an srt file named the same as the mkv)?

im rooted but it doesnt matter for XBMC, im running gotham 13.2 , DTS DD and AC3 all work great via HDMI and optical, i would assume it will auto use a local srt file but for sure you can point it to it.. xbmc will scrape the net for any subtitles for every movie i've encountered, so it shouldnt be an issue for you. the XBMC wiki has a good section with everything you need to know about xbmc and the FTV, there are a few device specific settings you need to make and your off to the races.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread