Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Network file systems on the FTV?

OP Ebrius

2nd July 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Has anyone managed to get any network file systems to mount on the firetv?
I've tried nfs (no nfs module), smb (no cifs module) and even sshfs (no fuse). I would like to connect to my home NAS and would rather mount directly then having to sync with the file system.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebrius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 201

777 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrius

Has anyone managed to get any network file systems to mount on the firetv?
I've tried nfs (no nfs module), smb (no cifs module) and even sshfs (no fuse). I would like to connect to my home NAS and would rather mount directly then having to sync with the file system.

I'm using smb shares coming off a synology in xbmc without any problem, but haven't tried it at the ftv OS level.

I forget the command but there is a command you can issue to see what filesystems the kernel supports. in 4.2 some kernels did support NFS.
2nd July 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roustabout

I'm using smb shares coming off a synology in xbmc without any problem, but haven't tried it at the ftv OS level.

I forget the command but there is a command you can issue to see what filesystems the kernel supports. in 4.2 some kernels did support NFS.

Looks like it's the /proc/filesystems file. It appears that the fire tv supports nfs, and apparently fuse as well:

Code:
nodev	sysfs
nodev	rootfs
nodev	bdev
nodev	proc
nodev	cgroup
nodev	tmpfs
nodev	debugfs
nodev	sockfs
nodev	pipefs
nodev	anon_inodefs
nodev	rpc_pipefs
nodev	devpts
	ext3
	ext2
	ext4
nodev	ramfs
	vfat
nodev	nfs
nodev	nfs4
nodev	cifs
	fuseblk
nodev	fuse
nodev	fusectl
nodev	oprofilefs
Looks like I'll go back to trying to get nfs to work. Since I didn't see an nfs module I assumed it wasn't supported, guess it's built into the kernel
10th November 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Hi

Any update on this?

I have my FTV rooted and updated to the latest pre-rooted firmware available, I've installed MountMangaer (licensed) and mounted my SMB share and while it doesn't throw out any errors, when I access the folder (sdcard/cifs/) it appears empty, and it's the same with 2 differente file explorers (Es FileExplorer and Atom File Explorer).

The reson I need the SMB share is to load the STRM files from 1Channel in XBMC directly to my NAS to make them available to all devices using the MySQL Library... Should I use NFS instead of SMB?? I don't have NFS setup on my NAS but I suppose I could configure it if it will make mountign easier on my FTV...

Any info would be much apreciated..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread