Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Repeating keyboard problem fix?

OP Khord

9th July 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
I have a Rii i8 Mini keyboard from Amazon, and I have been having trouble with it in both in FTV and XBMC. The keys erratically repeat for many characters like thissssssssssssss and even the arrow keys occasionally get stuck scrolling down in menus. Also, some key presses are randomly not detected. I googled a bit, and saw that this was a problem for many android users (couldn't find anything KFTV specific) involving 2.4ghz / bluetooth mice and keyboards.

I came across a discussion that suggests to install the app "External Keyboard Helper Pro", which I tried via sideloading, but wouldn't launch after install. This would not fix the keys randomly not registering either. I tested another 2.4ghz keyboard mouse combo and it worked perfectly fine. I also tested the problem keyboard on my Windows PC, and I was able to type out an entire paragraph without errors, whereas on the Fire TV, I can barely type my email or password without 10 typos.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

TLDR; Does anyone know how to disable sticky keys on the FTV or force an app that wont launch to launch?

Or, any other mini keyboard suggestions for the FTV
Last edited by Khord; 9th July 2014 at 11:54 AM.
9th July 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have the same problem with the same keyboard. I thought it was my keyboard and was about to return to amazon.
10th July 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #3  

1 posts
I have the same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khord

I have a Rii i8 Mini keyboard from Amazon, and I have been having trouble with it in both in FTV and XBMC. The keys erratically repeat for many characters like thissssssssssssss and even the arrow keys occasionally get stuck scrolling down in menus. Also, some key presses are randomly not detected. I googled a bit, and saw that this was a problem for many android users (couldn't find anything KFTV specific) involving 2.4ghz / bluetooth mice and keyboards.

I came across a discussion that suggests to install the app "External Keyboard Helper Pro", which I tried via sideloading, but wouldn't launch after install. This would not fix the keys randomly not registering either. I tested another 2.4ghz keyboard mouse combo and it worked perfectly fine. I also tested the problem keyboard on my Windows PC, and I was able to type out an entire paragraph without errors, whereas on the Fire TV, I can barely type my email or password without 10 typos.

TLDR; Does anyone know how to disable sticky keys on the FTV or force an app that wont launch to launch?

10th July 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #4  
Flag West Hartford
Thanks Meter: 7

112 posts
More
Quote:

I would guess it's the keyboard itself. I bought a Hausbell Mini H7 2.4GHz Wireless Entertainment Keyboard with Touchpad for PC, Pad, Andriod TV Box, Google TV Box, Xbox360, PS3 & HTPC/IPTV (Black) to use on my G-Box -- and I had very similar issues that you describe. It even wouldn't produce character that was 'shifted'. Never did get it to work correctly. It does the same thing on my FTV. I have since purchased a iClever IC-RF01 2.4G Ultra Mini Wireless Keyboard with Mouse Touchpad all the problems disapeared no more repeating key presses...
The Following User Says Thank You to toe-rag For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toe-rag

I would guess it's the keyboard itself. I bought a Hausbell Mini H7 2.4GHz Wireless Entertainment Keyboard with Touchpad for PC, Pad, Andriod TV Box, Google TV Box, Xbox360, PS3 & HTPC/IPTV (Black) to use on my G-Box -- and I had very similar issues that you describe. It even wouldn't produce character that was 'shifted'. Never did get it to work correctly. It does the same thing on my FTV. I have since purchased a iClever IC-RF01 2.4G Ultra Mini Wireless Keyboard with Mouse Touchpad all the problems disapeared no more repeating key presses...

Thanks, I'm gonna give that one a try.
22nd August 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #6  

4 posts
*snip*

before replying to threads, one should beware the longevity of cached tabs .. how many times .. lol
Last edited by codeshane; 22nd August 2014 at 11:00 PM. Reason: replied to a month-stale tab..
8th October 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #7  

12 posts
Quote:

Damn, same issues here with the same keyboard. Is there still no solution except of buying another keyboard?
9th October 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplan

Damn, same issues here with the same keyboard. Is there still no solution except of buying another keyboard?

I haven't found any solution yet. I've heard the Logitech K400 has no problems on the FTV but it's so much bigger and pricier. I might just cave it and get it soon though, cause it's frustrating to type with the dpad.
9th October 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #9  

12 posts
I bought this one yesterday:

http://www.amazon.de/Rapoo-schnurlos...keywords=rapoo

It works much better but from time to time it has the same problem with the repeating characters. That would mean it is not a Rii-specific problem. But since it works now most of the time it is ok for me.

Maybe the problem is related to the firetv-input method (the onscreen keyboard for the remote controls dpad). Sometimes that keyboard appears, disappears, appears, disappears and so on when I try to enter some text using a physical keyboard.
9th October 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 11

89 posts
I use a Lenovo N905 (I think) keyboard and have the same issue from time to time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread