No registration required

TWC TV app

OP dbdoshi

29th August 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

74 posts
More
Does anyone know to make TWC TV app work on FTV? I side loaded the app from Google Play store. It installs fine. But when I try to open it, it will automatically prompt me to upgrade or cancel. If I cancel, it shuts down. If I upgrade, it takes me to the Amazon App Store and gives me the option to install it for free. I click on "Free" and the error message says "TWC TV is incompatible with your device. You cannot purchase this app from this device".

My app version is 3.5.0.36.
Last edited by dbdoshi; 29th August 2014 at 01:27 AM.
29th August 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

74 posts
More
Problem with APK downloader. Fixed.
Rechecked the version on Google Play store and the version number listed is different (as in higher than the one I have on FTV). Opened Google Play app on FTV and ran the upgrade and everything runs fine now.

The online APK downloader gave me an older version for downloading (using the website and not the chrome extension). Must be some caching going on within their servers to not to go to Google Play store if it already has the APK in its inventory. If so, there is a bug within their version checking algorithm that allows old cached APKs to be presented as latest.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread