No registration required

[Q] Fire TV Stick Will Not Install TVMC Using ADBFire

OP testicleblisters

26th November 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello Everybody,

I recently bought two Fire TV sticks from Staples the other day. I blocked amazon updates from my router using the tutorial from aftvnews, enabled ADB Debugging Mode on the stick, and attempted to install the TVMC apk using ADBFire (Windows 7, running as Admin).

The first Fire TV Stick I attempted worked flawlessly, I was able to install and run TVMC in a matter of minutes.

The second stick, however, would go on a continuous installation loop on ADBFire (Green status bar would reach 100% then repeat and not show Installation complete dialog box). I tried factory resetting the stick and reinstalling, but that didn't work. I also tried using a different router to install, but the same problem occurs. Another method I tried stopping the installation and then reinstalling, ADBFire would then display the installation complete dialog box, but the app is would not be listed or displayed under Settings > Applications > Manage applications. I tried Disconnecting/Restarting the device, but the app would not appear. I've installed the Crackle app from the App store to see if it would appear under Manage applications and it did, but TVMC was still not showing up. TVMC appears in the uninstall apk menu of ADBFire, so I uninstalled/reinstalled and it still does not show up on the stick.

Both sticks were installed using the same TV and USB cable plugged into a electrical outlet
Any help would be appreciated.
26th November 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #2  

2 posts
Thumbs up I had the same issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by testicleblisters

Hello Everybody,

I recently bought two Fire TV sticks from Staples the other day. I blocked amazon updates from my router using the tutorial from aftvnews, enabled ADB Debugging Mode on the stick, and attempted to install the TVMC apk using ADBFire (Windows 7, running as Admin).

The first Fire TV Stick I attempted worked flawlessly, I was able to install and run TVMC in a matter of minutes.

The second stick, however, would go on a continuous installation loop on ADBFire (Green status bar would reach 100% then repeat and not show Installation complete dialog box). I tried factory resetting the stick and reinstalling, but that didn't work. I also tried using a different router to install, but the same problem occurs. Another method I tried stopping the installation and then reinstalling, ADBFire would then display the installation complete dialog box, but the app is would not be listed or displayed under Settings > Applications > Manage applications. I tried Disconnecting/Restarting the device, but the app would not appear. I've installed the Crackle app from the App store to see if it would appear under Manage applications and it did, but TVMC was still not showing up. TVMC appears in the uninstall apk menu of ADBFire, so I uninstalled/reinstalled and it still does not show up on the stick.

Both sticks were installed using the same TV and USB cable plugged into a electrical outlet
Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same issue (installed TVMC on one fire stick and would not install on the second). I unplugged the first stick after TVMC was installed, then re-booted the second stick using ADBFire. After that the install went off with no issues.
27th November 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Thanks for the tip, rebooting after initial setup fixed the issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread