FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

unblock-us or others

312 posts
Thanks Meter: 35
 
By navigates, Senior Member on 23rd February 2015, 05:40 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I tried unblock-us internationally and configured my trial dns and slingtv still gave the same message, content is not available in your location. Has anyone had success with unblock-us or recommend others that work? I changed the dns.

unblock us sends out the help info page which has dns
 
 
23rd February 2015, 05:43 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 206
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigates

I tried unblock-us internationally and configured my trial dns and slingtv still gave the same message, content is not available in your location. Has anyone had success with unblock-us or recommend others that work? I changed the dns.

unblock us sends out the help info page which has dns

Try security kiss vpn they give you 500mb free a day I would say vpn is more reliable then dns service.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
23rd February 2015, 05:45 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patt2k

Try security kiss vpn they give you 500mb free a day I would say vpn is more reliable then dns service.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

for vpn., I would have to install a vpn client on the firetv right. Also that would make the overall experience sluggish. I would prefer the dns service over vpn. but thanks for the info. I'll look into it.
23rd February 2015, 05:58 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 206
 
More
It's easy if you are rooted that is how I access content from Poland my home country that requires Polish ip. Always get more stable streaming even in 720p.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
23rd February 2015, 06:13 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patt2k

It's easy if you are rooted that is how I access content from Poland my home country that requires Polish ip. Always get more stable streaming even in 720p.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

But VPN's are limited to the amount you download. I'll surely try them out. I will be needing vpn too and don't mind paying for a fast good service.
23rd February 2015, 06:22 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 206
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigates

But VPN's are limited to the amount you download. I'll surely try them out. I will be needing vpn too and don't mind paying for a fast good service.

I have used in 2014 service called Astrill it's the best VPN I have ever used and oh on facebook about a week ago I won 3 months vpn for free

they offer unlimited so this would be great for you, I gave you link to securitykiss so you can try it out if it works. If it does then I strongly would suggest you use astrill for fast speed and unlimited.

I can do few speed tests running VPN, which country you are located in? I am in New York so obviously there will be slower speeds and higher ping but it will give you an idea.
23rd February 2015, 06:25 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patt2k

I have used in 2014 service called Astrill it's the best VPN I have ever used and oh on facebook about a week ago I won 3 months vpn for free

they offer unlimited so this would be great for you, I gave you link to securitykiss so you can try it out if it works. If it does then I strongly would suggest you use astrill for fast speed and unlimited.

I can do few speed tests running VPN, which country you are located in? I am in New York so obviously there will be slower speeds and higher ping but it will give you an idea.

I live in Los Angeles and am moving to dubai / UAE soon. Let me look at astril. I don't like companies that enforce their own vpn client. would like to use native.
23rd February 2015, 06:33 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 206
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigates

I live in Los Angeles and am moving to dubai / UAE soon. Let me look at astril. I don't like companies that enforce their own vpn client. would like to use native.

Check their server list they have their own app or you can of course use things like openvpn etc... on myfire tv I just downloaded my OPENVPN profiles and I simply connect when I want to use Polish vpn

I will do a test speedtest for you right now using no-vpn to Warsaw,Poland and with their VPN to same server Warsaw,Poland.

No-VPN


Poland,VPN without restarting browser


Poland,VPN after restarting browser


This is why I love Astrill!
23rd February 2015, 07:02 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patt2k

Check their server list they have their own app or you can of course use things like openvpn etc... on myfire tv I just downloaded my OPENVPN profiles and I simply connect when I want to use Polish vpn

I will do a test speedtest for you right now using no-vpn to Warsaw,Poland and with their VPN to same server Warsaw,Poland.

No-VPN


Poland,VPN without restarting browser


Poland,VPN after restarting browser


This is why I love Astrill!

That's your upload. I'm sold to Astrill. I'll sign up and test it out. But at first I'll try another dns service as if that works. then i prefer it that way as then the firetv can be on your local network as well.
23rd February 2015, 07:03 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 206
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigates

That's your upload. I'm sold to Astrill. I'll sign up and test it out. But at first I'll try another dns service as if that works. then i prefer it that way as then the firetv can be on your local network as well.

My upload is actually higher then download lol. Download tops at 84 mbps and download 92 mbps lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes