FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

unblock-us or others

23rd February 2015, 05:40 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I tried unblock-us internationally and configured my trial dns and slingtv still gave the same message, content is not available in your location. Has anyone had success with unblock-us or recommend others that work? I changed the dns.

unblock us sends out the help info page which has dns

23rd February 2015, 05:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigates

I tried unblock-us internationally and configured my trial dns and slingtv still gave the same message, content is not available in your location. Has anyone had success with unblock-us or recommend others that work? I changed the dns.

unblock us sends out the help info page which has dns

Try security kiss vpn they give you 500mb free a day I would say vpn is more reliable then dns service.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
23rd February 2015, 05:45 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patt2k

Try security kiss vpn they give you 500mb free a day I would say vpn is more reliable then dns service.

for vpn., I would have to install a vpn client on the firetv right. Also that would make the overall experience sluggish. I would prefer the dns service over vpn. but thanks for the info. I'll look into it.
23rd February 2015, 05:58 PM |#4  

More
It's easy if you are rooted that is how I access content from Poland my home country that requires Polish ip. Always get more stable streaming even in 720p.

23rd February 2015, 06:13 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

It's easy if you are rooted that is how I access content from Poland my home country that requires Polish ip. Always get more stable streaming even in 720p.

But VPN's are limited to the amount you download. I'll surely try them out. I will be needing vpn too and don't mind paying for a fast good service.
23rd February 2015, 06:22 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

But VPN's are limited to the amount you download. I'll surely try them out. I will be needing vpn too and don't mind paying for a fast good service.

I have used in 2014 service called Astrill it's the best VPN I have ever used and oh on facebook about a week ago I won 3 months vpn for free

they offer unlimited so this would be great for you, I gave you link to securitykiss so you can try it out if it works. If it does then I strongly would suggest you use astrill for fast speed and unlimited.

I can do few speed tests running VPN, which country you are located in? I am in New York so obviously there will be slower speeds and higher ping but it will give you an idea.
23rd February 2015, 06:25 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I have used in 2014 service called Astrill it's the best VPN I have ever used and oh on facebook about a week ago I won 3 months vpn for free

they offer unlimited so this would be great for you, I gave you link to securitykiss so you can try it out if it works. If it does then I strongly would suggest you use astrill for fast speed and unlimited.

I can do few speed tests running VPN, which country you are located in? I am in New York so obviously there will be slower speeds and higher ping but it will give you an idea.

I live in Los Angeles and am moving to dubai / UAE soon. Let me look at astril. I don't like companies that enforce their own vpn client. would like to use native.
23rd February 2015, 06:33 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

I live in Los Angeles and am moving to dubai / UAE soon. Let me look at astril. I don't like companies that enforce their own vpn client. would like to use native.

Check their server list they have their own app or you can of course use things like openvpn etc... on myfire tv I just downloaded my OPENVPN profiles and I simply connect when I want to use Polish vpn

I will do a test speedtest for you right now using no-vpn to Warsaw,Poland and with their VPN to same server Warsaw,Poland.

No-VPN

Poland,VPN without restarting browser

Poland,VPN after restarting browser

This is why I love Astrill!
23rd February 2015, 07:02 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Check their server list they have their own app or you can of course use things like openvpn etc... on myfire tv I just downloaded my OPENVPN profiles and I simply connect when I want to use Polish vpn

I will do a test speedtest for you right now using no-vpn to Warsaw,Poland and with their VPN to same server Warsaw,Poland.

No-VPN

Poland,VPN without restarting browser

Poland,VPN after restarting browser

This is why I love Astrill!

That's your upload. I'm sold to Astrill. I'll sign up and test it out. But at first I'll try another dns service as if that works. then i prefer it that way as then the firetv can be on your local network as well.
23rd February 2015, 07:03 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

That's your upload. I'm sold to Astrill. I'll sign up and test it out. But at first I'll try another dns service as if that works. then i prefer it that way as then the firetv can be on your local network as well.

My upload is actually higher then download lol. Download tops at 84 mbps and download 92 mbps lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread