Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 38,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

When can we get unlocked bootloader?

Tip us?
 
retroben
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 175
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Fultondale
Default When can we get unlocked bootloader?

There's no topic for it,so here it is.

Please let the Fire TV XDA community know when the exploit for unlocking the bootloader becomes available.
Just post the link to it when it comes out.

I hope it is not too expensive because I don't have that much freely spendable cash (I think less than 10$) to buy a money card to transfer it to PayPal.

I really wish that it was free,or that I could do something helpful to get it for free.
 
rp201
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 97
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
There's no topic for it,so here it is.

Please let the Fire TV XDA community know when the exploit for unlocking the bootloader becomes available.
Just post the link to it when it comes out.

I hope it is not too expensive because I don't have that much freely spendable cash (I think less than 10$) to buy a money card to transfer it to PayPal.

I really wish that it was free,or that I could do something helpful to get it for free.

I too wish it would come out, but If i were to ask for something unknown.... I would ask for tomorrows lottery numbers instead of when the bootloader will be out. why? have you got those lottery numbers? lol
 
{ParanoiA}
Old
#3  
{ParanoiA}'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 150
Posts: 908
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ocean City, NJ
HTC ONE M8: S-OFF
ROM: ViperOneM8
RECOVERY: TWRP
KERNEL: Stock

 
retroben
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 175
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Fultondale
Where is that DAMN 1st bootloader unlocker!
Please help us out,JCase can you please say something about it?
 
mastermind278
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 88
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
Where is that DAMN 1st bootloader unlocker!
Please help us out,JCase can you please say something about it?
It will be out, patience must be a virtue.

@jcase mentioned it on his twitter recently: https://twitter.com/TeamAndIRC/statu...68021904048128

He also showed a custom recovery running on the fireTV via @rbox: https://twitter.com/TeamAndIRC/statu...44034854060033


So Please calm down, wait for the devs due their work and fix the bugs!
 
LittleBear1981
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Thank you mastermind... Well said.
Also, am I the only one that thinks the 25$ Sunshine app is worth that price.. Cause I will buy it to be able to unlock the boot loader, an then be able to install a custom ROM, tweaked for xbmc and controllers.. Keep up the good work guys. Thanks. 😀
 
rbox
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 155
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear1981 View Post
Thank you mastermind... Well said.
Also, am I the only one that thinks the 25$ Sunshine app is worth that price.. Cause I will buy it to be able to unlock the boot loader, an then be able to install a custom ROM, tweaked for xbmc and controllers.. Keep up the good work guys. Thanks. 😀
I've contemplated compiling a pure AOSP rom for FireTV. As for one "tweaked for xbmc"... what doesn't the stock rom do if you use my xposed module to make it the launcher?
 
LittleBear1981
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Nov 2010
I would like to try a AOSP ROM for the fire TV.. I am a fan of minimal and linux operating systems.. That I can mod to my hearts content.

I love having XBMC as my launcher.. Yes! Awesome! Thanks.

But that's basically it.. As stripped down as it can possibly be.. No frills, all about efficiency. No files for things not part of the original device.. Like mobile data apps.. NFC.. mms.. Blah blah..

But I would like to have the ability to mount an external drive as 'android' system folder.. Would a symbolic link work? Needs to be available at boot I would think.

Like on my Linux box or way back when I started with windows..
One drive is for the OS the other is for 'home' in Linux, or in windows for all other data..

I'd like to figure a way to do the same thing with the fire TV.. Internal storage just for the OS, external for all else.. Settings, installed apps, data..

That way.. In theory if the hardware fails.. A new device with the old drive would become an 'instant' restore.. With your data and apps intact.

Cameras, controllers, and light pack.. The ambilight clone.. works with android but not the fire TV.. Are among other things I am thinking of..

Hope that makes some sense.. Its late and I must retire for the night.
 
rbox
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 155
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear1981 View Post
I'd like to figure a way to do the same thing with the fire TV.. Internal storage just for the OS, external for all else.. Settings, installed apps, data..
That's not really how Android works. I think maybe you want to just run a Linux dist on the Fire TV instead...
 
LittleBear1981
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Oh. I had kinda figured maybe.. I need to brush up on my understanding on android.. Lol..

I've been using Linux as my daily driver for years.. Even had my parents using Linux.. They did not care to understand what it is or means or does..
Now.. We all have android devices.. I've modded, rooted, tweaked a few of them.. Now.. The fire TV..

If you make that rom.. I am willing to try it.. And like I said.. The 25$ is well worth it to me Sunshine.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more