Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

When can we get unlocked bootloader?

OP retroben

3rd July 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fultondale
Thanks Meter: 37

376 posts
More
There's no topic for it,so here it is.

Please let the Fire TV XDA community know when the exploit for unlocking the bootloader becomes available.
Just post the link to it when it comes out.

I hope it is not too expensive because I don't have that much freely spendable cash (I think less than 10$) to buy a money card to transfer it to PayPal.

I really wish that it was free,or that I could do something helpful to get it for free.
3rd July 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

237 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben

There's no topic for it,so here it is.

Please let the Fire TV XDA community know when the exploit for unlocking the bootloader becomes available.
Just post the link to it when it comes out.

I hope it is not too expensive because I don't have that much freely spendable cash (I think less than 10$) to buy a money card to transfer it to PayPal.

I really wish that it was free,or that I could do something helpful to get it for free.

I too wish it would come out, but If i were to ask for something unknown.... I would ask for tomorrows lottery numbers instead of when the bootloader will be out. why? have you got those lottery numbers? lol
3rd July 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #3  
Flag Ocean City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 161

980 posts
More
15th July 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fultondale
Thanks Meter: 37

376 posts
More
Where is that DAMN 1st bootloader unlocker!
Please help us out,JCase can you please say something about it?
15th July 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #5  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 65

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben

Where is that DAMN 1st bootloader unlocker!
Please help us out,JCase can you please say something about it?

It will be out, patience must be a virtue.

@jcase mentioned it on his twitter recently: https://twitter.com/TeamAndIRC/statu...68021904048128

He also showed a custom recovery running on the fireTV via @rbox: https://twitter.com/TeamAndIRC/statu...44034854060033

So Please calm down, wait for the devs due their work and fix the bugs!
16th July 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thank you mastermind... Well said.
Also, am I the only one that thinks the 25$ Sunshine app is worth that price.. Cause I will buy it to be able to unlock the boot loader, an then be able to install a custom ROM, tweaked for xbmc and controllers.. Keep up the good work guys. Thanks. 😀
16th July 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 716

711 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear1981

Thank you mastermind... Well said.
Also, am I the only one that thinks the 25$ Sunshine app is worth that price.. Cause I will buy it to be able to unlock the boot loader, an then be able to install a custom ROM, tweaked for xbmc and controllers.. Keep up the good work guys. Thanks. 😀

I've contemplated compiling a pure AOSP rom for FireTV. As for one "tweaked for xbmc"... what doesn't the stock rom do if you use my xposed module to make it the launcher?
16th July 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #8  

5 posts
I would like to try a AOSP ROM for the fire TV.. I am a fan of minimal and linux operating systems.. That I can mod to my hearts content.

I love having XBMC as my launcher.. Yes! Awesome! Thanks.

But that's basically it.. As stripped down as it can possibly be.. No frills, all about efficiency. No files for things not part of the original device.. Like mobile data apps.. NFC.. mms.. Blah blah..

But I would like to have the ability to mount an external drive as 'android' system folder.. Would a symbolic link work? Needs to be available at boot I would think.

Like on my Linux box or way back when I started with windows..
One drive is for the OS the other is for 'home' in Linux, or in windows for all other data..

I'd like to figure a way to do the same thing with the fire TV.. Internal storage just for the OS, external for all else.. Settings, installed apps, data..

That way.. In theory if the hardware fails.. A new device with the old drive would become an 'instant' restore.. With your data and apps intact.

Cameras, controllers, and light pack.. The ambilight clone.. works with android but not the fire TV.. Are among other things I am thinking of..

Hope that makes some sense.. Its late and I must retire for the night.
16th July 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 716

711 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear1981

I'd like to figure a way to do the same thing with the fire TV.. Internal storage just for the OS, external for all else.. Settings, installed apps, data..

That's not really how Android works. I think maybe you want to just run a Linux dist on the Fire TV instead...
16th July 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #10  

5 posts
Oh. I had kinda figured maybe.. I need to brush up on my understanding on android.. Lol..

I've been using Linux as my daily driver for years.. Even had my parents using Linux.. They did not care to understand what it is or means or does..
Now.. We all have android devices.. I've modded, rooted, tweaked a few of them.. Now.. The fire TV..

If you make that rom.. I am willing to try it.. And like I said.. The 25$ is well worth it to me Sunshine.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread