Default Warning on Google Play

Not sure if I read the situation correctly, but I installed Google Play a week or so back. I have Dish Anywhere software installed on FTV, side loaded the app. I had spoofed the FTV to the HTC phone. I should have checked, but all apps that are installed on FTV now show up under "My Apps". But all apps have the automatic update checked. So long story short, it updated my Dish Anywhere app on FTV today. My guess is that the update that was installed was for a phone (for HTC) and it does not work correctly now with weird layout. I had to uninstall and install the older apk manually.

Suggestions: Make sure you disable the auto updates for all apps in Google Play settings in FTV. Also, if you don't want to do that, manually go to each app under "My Apps" and uncheck the auto update on the right side for that app.

Q, because a tablet is a more closer approximation for FTV, does it make more sense to spoof FTV to a tablet rather than a phone? Not sure if I will "loose" anything if I go to a tablet...