True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more

[Q] Does anyone watch Netflix via VPN on fire tv ?

OP blackantt

1st September 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

56 posts
Hi,

I am out of USA. I want to watch netflix via VPN on fire tv.

1.all of traffic will go through the VPN or just verify info go through the VPN ?
2. I am wondering how many traffic It needs every month via VPN?
3. Does VPN affect the speed ?

thanks
1st September 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackantt

Hi,

1.all of traffic will go through the VPN or just verify info go through the VPN ?

thanks

VPN will affect all of traffic
Most (paid) VPN services don't limit your bandwidth
Yes but it's not noticeable.

I actually set up my own VPN following this guide so I have unlimited bandwidth and very good download speed and it costs me only $5/mo.
2nd September 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #3  

10 posts
I've used unblock-us for MLB.tv on the fire seamlessly for a month or so now.... very happy with it.

I only change the primary DNS on the fire to unblock-us and leave the secondary on my local ISP.
3rd September 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackantt

Hi,

thanks

I'm based in NZ with FireTV using unlock-us, streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime and iPlayer. Speed is not noticeably a problem, and with unblock-us I have the ability to 'exist' in the UK and the US at the same time so I can use both countries services.

It's a simply DNS change so not encrypting any traffic, just masking your location so you can view blocked resources.
4th September 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 11

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uktuatara

I'm based in NZ with FireTV using unlock-us, streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime and iPlayer. Speed is not noticeably a problem, and with unblock-us I have the ability to 'exist' in the UK and the US at the same time so I can use both countries services.

It's a simply DNS change so not encrypting any traffic, just masking your location so you can view blocked resources.

How did you install the Netflix app? I tried from the Amazon store, but it is still restricted by region. I use unotelly (similar to unblock-us).
25th September 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #6  

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modstore

How did you install the Netflix app? I tried from the Amazon store, but it is still restricted by region. I use unotelly (similar to unblock-us).

download the netflix apk file from apk downloader website and then sideload it to your FTV.
25th September 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 63

395 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modstore

I used a router-based VPN client (to appear as in US) and installed Netflix from the store. The use Hola to wtach
25th September 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 11

38 posts
Thanks, it turned out my issue was that me Amazon account was an amazon.com.au account. I created a US based Amazon account and changed to that and all was good.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread