Ask a question

No registration required

I did something worng! Help!

OP apazrjon

15th July 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Just went ahead and got a $10 usb keyboard from walmart. Still couldn't get the home button to work for getting my into recovery. Then i decided to press shift + home and it worked. I don't know if it was the key combo or just good timing with the home button. Who knows. Back to factory now! Time to rebuild. Everything was set up perfect! Just couldn't leave well enough alone, lol! Thanks for all the help. My adb would only work for one time at a time and wouldn't uninstal anything. Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to apazrjon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #12  
Flag West Hartford
Thanks Meter: 7

112 posts
More
deleted content ..

sorry ., didn't notice I would have been duplicating what others already posted ....
Last edited by toe-rag; 15th July 2014 at 12:07 PM. Reason: duplicate information
15th July 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 201

777 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

If adb is working, adb reboot recovery should get you into recovery so you can do the factory reset.

Sorry, meant "only command flag in ADB you might try before going for a full restore"

I thought the OPs core problem was that xposed was telling his system to use a nonexistent app as the launcher, and he wasn't able to get the app back in even for long enough to uninstall Xposed, reboot, and then uninstall XBMC.
19th July 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy71

Once on the “Update was not successful” screen, press the Home key on your keyboard. This should bring up a menu in the upper left corner. Use the arrow keys to highlight the factory reset option and hit enter.

I've got a gray screen and can't get rid of it. I'm rooted and have elmerohueso's Launcher installed. All has been working perfect until the other night when I got a "low memory" pop up with a request to uninstall some apps. After that, the screen grayed and that was that. I've gotten to the“Update was not successful” screen but cannot get the menu to show up. I'm using a usb keyboard and have tried home, shift + home, and every other combo I can think of but the menu will not show up.
Anyone have another suggestion?
19th July 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #15  
Flag Ocean City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 161

977 posts
More
When you are on the update unsuccessful screen, press alt + sys rq + i to reboot back to the update screen again and then press home to bring up recovery menu. That's what I did on my keyboard
The Following User Says Thank You to {ParanoiA} For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread