Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] XBMC help - XBMC is getting quite large!

OP Joemilwaukee

2nd September 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I've been running XBMC on my FireTV for a while now and I have noticed that it keeps growing in size. With only an 8GB hard drive - most of which is taken up by apps - there isn't an easy way to get rid of the old thrumnails and such that are starting to make XBMC balloon up over 2GB.

Does anyone know of a good way to prune XBMC back down to a reasonable size? An app recommendation would be best - but detailed instructions would work. I'm kinda new to FTV and really haven't edited anything - just sideloaded a few things. Thanks in advance.
2nd September 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ocean City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 158

963 posts
More
Search feature and ye shall find, young grasshopper
2nd September 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 61

357 posts
Moving the thumbnails to SD doesn't actually address the OP's problem...jut shifts it to SD

I would assume deleting the thumbnails folder together with Textures*.db should take care of the folder size. Your XBMC will run slower after the reboot as the images will have to be cached again as needed.
I have seen Python scripts to regenerate the thumbnails faster based in installed add-ons, but I don't know how to install Python on AFTV.
2nd September 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

59 posts
You need to save the Thumbnails on some external device. You can store them on a mounted flash drive or network location if you want. Unless you do that, eventually your internal memory is going to fill up.
2nd September 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
I use a program add-on called Thumbnails Cleaner Version 1.1.3 by Max (m4x1m) Headroom, just search for repository.m4x1m.zip on google and you will find the repo in the first links. its very easy to use and can greatly reduce you thumbnails folder
4th September 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #6  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 44

312 posts
I use fusion maintenance add on to do the cleaning.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread