Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,396 Members 36,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XBMC help - XBMC is getting quite large!

Tip us?

Joemilwaukee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile [Q] XBMC help - XBMC is getting quite large!

I've been running XBMC on my FireTV for a while now and I have noticed that it keeps growing in size. With only an 8GB hard drive - most of which is taken up by apps - there isn't an easy way to get rid of the old thrumnails and such that are starting to make XBMC balloon up over 2GB.

Does anyone know of a good way to prune XBMC back down to a reasonable size? An app recommendation would be best - but detailed instructions would work. I'm kinda new to FTV and really haven't edited anything - just sideloaded a few things. Thanks in advance.

{ParanoiA}
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Search feature and ye shall find, young grasshopper
HTC ONE M8: S-OFF
ROM: ViperOneM8
RECOVERY: TWRP
KERNEL: Stock

Ipse_Tase
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Moving the thumbnails to SD doesn't actually address the OP's problem...jut shifts it to SD

I would assume deleting the thumbnails folder together with Textures*.db should take care of the folder size. Your XBMC will run slower after the reboot as the images will have to be cached again as needed.
I have seen Python scripts to regenerate the thumbnails faster based in installed add-ons, but I don't know how to install Python on AFTV.
Note 3 4.4.2 Stock, not by choice
Ouya Stock, rooted >>>> replaced by AFTV, you guessed: stock
Kobo Arc10HD 4.2.2 Stock, rooted...can you say I am...STOCKED?

KarlP
Old
Thanks Meter 3
You need to save the Thumbnails on some external device. You can store them on a mounted flash drive or network location if you want. Unless you do that, eventually your internal memory is going to fill up.

Scott3252
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I use a program add-on called Thumbnails Cleaner Version 1.1.3 by Max (m4x1m) Headroom, just search for repository.m4x1m.zip on google and you will find the repo in the first links. its very easy to use and can greatly reduce you thumbnails folder

minhgi
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I use fusion maintenance add on to do the cleaning.