Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XBMC or SPMC for AFTV?

Tip us?

CLran619
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipse_Tase View Post
Huh? I suppose the comment was made by your evil phone and not by you

I have SPMC 13.3.2 working perfectly on AFTV...not sure what your problems are. Addons get updated and everything else works. Koyig is one of the original contributors to XBMC for Android/Ouya...been using SPMC for more than a year now.
totally agree spmc is solid.

navigates
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLran619 View Post
totally agree spmc is solid.
I too switched to spmc last night. Kodi wouldn't play .ts files properly. Would stutter after a while. SPMC does that well and has the suspend benefits. So far no real issues noticed.

navigates
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastafunk View Post
to fix the skip bug, simply disable mediacodec in the video acceleration menu, then fully reboot the box. It is caused by a bug in the mediacodec implementation on firetv. Leave stagefright enabled.

In the latest version of the kodi alpahas, mediacodec appears to be working fine on the firetv.
I just tried disabling mediacodec and it seems that the skip bug has gone too. Is mediacodec important? I don't see any difference. At the moment, SPMC is really the most stable platform I've seen. It can play .ts all the mkv's I have properly. Unless I find a content that does not work, I'll stick on. no need to fix what is not broken.

Xavier000
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Spmc the sound it's not 5.1 and does not update add ons properly on aftv. Maybe I'm wrong but it does not feel like gotham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xavier000
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Aeon nox gotham plus will not work with it!! No keyboard

navigates
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastafunk View Post
to fix the skip bug, simply disable mediacodec in the video acceleration menu, then fully reboot the box. It is caused by a bug in the mediacodec implementation on firetv. Leave stagefright enabled.

In the latest version of the kodi alpahas, mediacodec appears to be working fine on the firetv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier000 View Post
Spmc the sound it's not 5.1 and does not update add ons properly on aftv. Maybe I'm wrong but it does not feel like gotham

I get 5.1 but i do a passthrough. without passthrough to the bose, I get 2.0 even on gotham/helix with the firetv.

mjbxx
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier000 View Post
SPMC is working for me with zero issues regarding 5.1 surround and updating of addons. Oh, and it truly does feel like Gotham as that is essentially what SPMC is with the added fixes by an official XBMC/Android developer named @Koying.