Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

XBMC or SPMC for AFTV?

OP rayosx

10th September 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #11  
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 11

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipse_Tase

Huh? I suppose the comment was made by your evil phone and not by you

I have SPMC 13.3.2 working perfectly on AFTV...not sure what your problems are. Addons get updated and everything else works. Koyig is one of the original contributors to XBMC for Android/Ouya...been using SPMC for more than a year now.

totally agree spmc is solid.
15th September 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLran619

totally agree spmc is solid.

I too switched to spmc last night. Kodi wouldn't play .ts files properly. Would stutter after a while. SPMC does that well and has the suspend benefits. So far no real issues noticed.
15th September 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #13  

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastafunk

to fix the skip bug, simply disable mediacodec in the video acceleration menu, then fully reboot the box. It is caused by a bug in the mediacodec implementation on firetv. Leave stagefright enabled.

In the latest version of the kodi alpahas, mediacodec appears to be working fine on the firetv.

I just tried disabling mediacodec and it seems that the skip bug has gone too. Is mediacodec important? I don't see any difference. At the moment, SPMC is really the most stable platform I've seen. It can play .ts all the mkv's I have properly. Unless I find a content that does not work, I'll stick on. no need to fix what is not broken.
16th September 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 2

71 posts
Spmc the sound it's not 5.1 and does not update add ons properly on aftv. Maybe I'm wrong but it does not feel like gotham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
16th September 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 2

71 posts
Aeon nox gotham plus will not work with it!! No keyboard

16th September 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #16  

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastafunk

to fix the skip bug, simply disable mediacodec in the video acceleration menu, then fully reboot the box. It is caused by a bug in the mediacodec implementation on firetv. Leave stagefright enabled.

In the latest version of the kodi alpahas, mediacodec appears to be working fine on the firetv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier000

Spmc the sound it's not 5.1 and does not update add ons properly on aftv. Maybe I'm wrong but it does not feel like gotham

I get 5.1 but i do a passthrough. without passthrough to the bose, I get 2.0 even on gotham/helix with the firetv.
16th September 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 11

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier000

SPMC is working for me with zero issues regarding 5.1 surround and updating of addons. Oh, and it truly does feel like Gotham as that is essentially what SPMC is with the added fixes by an official XBMC/Android developer named @Koying.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread