[HOW TO] Install GAPPS without root

Search This thread

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
I posted how to get GAPPS working in the Fire HD 6,7, and HDX threads a few weeks ago and was informed it works on the Fire TV as well. This video will show you how you can install GAPPS on the Fire HD6, HD7, TV or HDX without root. All Google Apps should work excluding Google Search (Google search now works), Google Play Store, and Hangouts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHI7ED6pUPY

Instructions for setting up ADB on Windows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyJlmTtLsIg

FireGapps.zip:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx_94ujbh0qoRndpejBZSnVMOGM/edit?usp=docslist_api

commands used in this video:
adb devices
adb shell
pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS

Sent from my KFARWI using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jpmi23

Oct 24, 2008
Detroit-Metro
twitter.com
I must've done something wrong. I can't get the Play store to react. Only says it can't find a network. Everything else works well (it appears).

Note: I did this at work, which meant I couldn't have the volume up. Please forgive me if I durffed this up because of that.

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
I must've done something wrong. I can't get the Play store to react. Only says it can't find a network. Everything else works well (it appears).

Note: I did this at work, which meant I couldn't have the volume up. Please forgive me if I durffed this up because of that.

I stated in the video and thread that the Play store will not work. That would require root. The play store just needs to be installed because various google apps need the app to exist to work.

Last edited:

Wiesn 2015

Dec 11, 2014
Please help,
Fire OS 4.5.1
cmd:
"shell@thor:/ $ pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USER"

"android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USER"

"Bad argument: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unkown permission:android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USER"

Attachments

• adb.PNG
    adb.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,326

tekcronic

Dec 9, 2009
Thanks

:highfive:

Thanks this solution does in fact work for Amazon Fire TV, including Google Music and Movies.

For Future reader, a reminder:
It is EXPECTED that the Google Play Store does not have a connection and you will not be able to browse app in the Google Play Store, though you will be able to use app such as Google Drive.

Kenif1983

Jan 16, 2011
Fire TV Stick UK

Google play music works great.
Google play movies force closed on first attempt at playing a movie (i'll give it another go in a bit)

Edit: Gave Google play movies another go.
If you've recently watched a movie on another device - that movie will appear in the initial screen "Watch Now"
If you press that movie - you can view it no problem.

If you go into your library and choose a movie - the app closes.

Solution: If you want to watch a movie from google play on you Fire TV then watch it on another device (only a few seconds needed) first

Last edited:

Uplink03

Apr 17, 2015
I was hoping to get Sky Movies on my fireTV stick, but no dice. It wants com.google.android.maps. Any idea if I can install that without rooting?

ZappaDong

Mar 11, 2014
Munich
Last edited:

starfish_001

Nov 4, 2005
Fire TV Stick UK

Google play music works great.
Google play movies force closed on first attempt at playing a movie (i'll give it another go in a bit)

Edit: Gave Google play movies another go.
If you've recently watched a movie on another device - that movie will appear in the initial screen "Watch Now"
If you press that movie - you can view it no problem.

If you go into your library and choose a movie - the app closes.

Solution: If you want to watch a movie from google play on you Fire TV then watch it on another device (only a few seconds needed) first

Been meaning to install for a while - with Gmusic working i'll get right on it

starfish_001

Nov 4, 2005
play music not working for me - fc.

but found if you install
Accountmanager
servicesframework
playservices
google play

You can simply use bubbleupnp instead

Last edited:

Con21

Apr 22, 2015
I followed the tutorial but I am not entirely sure whether the part with ADB has worked (I connected to ADB over WiFi, Amazon Fire TV Stick, 54.1.1.0_user_110031420) or not. Google Play Games and Chrome are working, but Gmail and Drive are not.
Gmail starts, but there appears a message that there is an unknown problem with Google Play Services - but if I quickly go to settings, the app does not crash until I return to the start screen/synchronise.
Google Drive crashes immediately.
Play Music works with local music (haven't tested streaming).

play music not working for me - fc.

but found if you install
Accountmanager
servicesframework
playservices
google play

You can simply use bubbleupnp instead

BubbleUPnP with the License? The free version worked for me without GApps.

starfish_001

Nov 4, 2005
I followed the tutorial but I am not entirely sure whether the part with ADB has worked (I connected to ADB over WiFi, Amazon Fire TV Stick, 54.1.1.0_user_110031420) or not. Google Play Games and Chrome are working, but Gmail and Drive are not.
Gmail starts, but there appears a message that there is an unknown problem with Google Play Services - but if I quickly go to settings, the app does not crash until I return to the start screen/synchronise.
Google Drive crashes immediately.
Play Music works with local music (haven't tested streaming).

BubbleUPnP with the License? The free version worked for me without GApps.

Pro version to provide access to Google music

alucard_xs

Feb 24, 2011
Thanks !
in-apps purchase does not seem to work, is it normal ?
I can't load my zen pinball 2 tables (bought on an real android tablet) either loading download ressources for games that need download datas ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts