Limitless Remote App - remote control AFTV with your phone

20th August 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kotches

Okay, let me make sure I get it...

For droidmote...

1. Buy the server app, and install it on the phone.

2. Copy the apk and transfer it to my Mac which has the ADK installed.

3. Sideload to the FireTV with adb install

4. Install the droidmote client on the devices I want.

5. Profit?

Any hope of an iOS version of droidmote for my wife who simply refuses to see the wisdom of Android?

I'm also looking for good control for my Fire TV, and droidmote definitely looks interesting.

I think we need to install droidmote from Google play store directly (not sideload) as it checks license via Play Store when it's executed. Ie, we need to have Google Play Store first. I could be wrong, though.
21st August 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #22  
Lynchburg VA
Thanks Meter: 79

281 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigacc

I'm also looking for good control for my Fire TV, and droidmote definitely looks interesting.

I think we need to install droidmote from Google play store directly (not sideload) as it checks license via Play Store when it's executed. Ie, we need to have Google Play Store first. I could be wrong, though.

That was the only way that I could figure out how to install it.
21st August 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #23  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
More
Quote:

Yes. It is checking license through Play Store.
21st August 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #24  
Flag Collinsville, IL (STL Metro)
Thanks Meter: 42

398 posts
More
I have the google apps to sideload... But I haven't has the chance to sideload them.

Hopefully this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
21st August 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #25  

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrodriguez77

Not a problem, it works great. I can now install apps that I would normally avoid, such as hbogo, since it needs a mouse to operate.

Anyone used both Droidmote and Limitless Remote? I'm considering to buy Droidmote but I've never used it (not sure if it's worthy considering Limitless Remote is free. Any comment is appreciated. Thanks!
26th August 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #26  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
More
Quote:

Anyone used both Droidmote and Limitless Remote? I'm considering to buy Droidmote but I've never used it (not sure if it's worthy considering Limitless Remote is free. Any comment is appreciated. Thanks!

I would very much recommend Droidmote...its phenominal. Much better then Limitless

However, maybe I haven't played around with Droidmote enough, but I am wondering how i could get my android phone to work as a remote gyroscope??? this should be possible, right??
14th September 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #27  
Flag Manchester NH

40 posts
More
AirKeyboard Android Sevrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon0w

http://www.airkeyboardapp.com/

This is the one I've just starting using. Need to be rooted to have mouse availability too. Can use my ipad/iphone as the mouse and keyboard. Not ugly either!

Hi - Looking for more details on getting the airkeyboard android server side on Fire T V working. Can you post more details on this? I have loaded the apk into /system/apps, chmod 644, chown root:root....but I do not think the app loads on reboot? "pm list packages -f" does not find it. Thanks.
27th September 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #28  

1 posts
question about using DroidMote Server on Fire TV THIS APPLICATION REQUIRES ROOT
The doc for the server side of DroidMote says THIS APPLICATION REQUIRES ROOT.
So I guess I need to root my Fire TV. The doc on the client side does not say that. So I am hoping I do not have to root my Samsung GS3 and hoping it will work ok on it too. Can I use a GS3 as the client for DroidMote?

I guess ROOTing a Fre TV is OK but I am wondering what specific gotcha's there may be as a result of going root and is there the chance that I may brick the fire TV?

I guess I need to read up on rooting the Fire TV. I just ordered one, don't have it yet but am trying to prepare for what I think I may want to do with it. I have been reading some about it at aftvnews in the guides section. Sorry this would not let me post a URL yet

Anyone have recommendations on how to root for the fire TV?
Or why I might want to or not want to do it?
27th September 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #29  
Flag Manchester NH

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddmf

Hi - Looking for more details on getting the airkeyboard android server side on Fire T V working. Can you post more details on this? I have loaded the apk into /system/apps, chmod 644, chown root:root....but I do not think the app loads on reboot? "pm list packages -f" does not find it. Thanks.

Update:
Finally I was able to make the AirKeyboardServer Pro work with my rooted FTV. I installed Xposed framework and HDxposed module and settings.apk Then I could goto settings app and select the AirKeyboardServer under language and Input. Then I installed Fire TV launcher temporarily so that I could see the system bar/messages that displays the password when AirKeyboard is started from managed apps. I use the free airkeyboard client app on iPad and it works well for mouse and keyboard.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread