Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Limitless Remote App - remote control AFTV with your phone

OP sublimnl

25th November 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 3

205 posts
Have the app for the FireStick. The keyboard only seems to work in certain apps. I sideloaded XBMC and was trying to type in some things and the keyboard doesn't do anything. It actually doesn't show up on my phone when switching to XBMC. I am still trying to look for a keyboard that works WITHOUT root since the Firetv Stick isn't working. I did get my bluetooth mini keyboard to work with the FireTV but I am looking for one that works on my phone.
25th November 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 120

648 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazyazoo

Have the app for the FireStick. The keyboard only seems to work in certain apps. I sideloaded XBMC and was trying to type in some things and the keyboard doesn't do anything. It actually doesn't show up on my phone when switching to XBMC. I am still trying to look for a keyboard that works WITHOUT root since the Firetv Stick isn't working. I did get my bluetooth mini keyboard to work with the FireTV but I am looking for one that works on my phone.

Can you check if the Limitless Remote App Mouse option works on the FireStick's for streaming apps like ESPN Watch & XFinity or Uverse that require a Mouse to be able to actually choose & play live fees.. DroidMote needs root so that is not an option...

Update: Never mind.. Seems ROOT is needed for the Limitless Remote Service so it will not work on the FireTV sticks...
Last edited by Y314K; 25th November 2014 at 05:17 AM.
25th November 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 339

1,038 posts
Donate to Me
Vote with your wallet, don't buy a device with a locked bootloader.

A device with a locked bootloader, only serves to sell the services of the company that produces it. Amazon has root permissions on that device with the platform key and the owner does not have root. Sooner or later, Amazon can do whatever he wants if the device continues to be blocked. In Europe a locked device in this way is illegal because it violates privacy laws ( the device contain your personal data, and without root you can't check if are stolen ) and because it creates a monopoly at the expense of other enterprises.

They are transforming Linux in a Walled Garden, after many sacrifices and hard work of the promoters and inventors of the open source.

I'm not against the sale of applications and services, but you can not force the choice with these illegal methods.

We must not just fight with exploits, but you have to denounce such behavior to the appropriate governative authorities.

Only the union is strength against these multi million dollar companies that for their economic interests are ruining the world of computing.
Last edited by zulu99; 25th November 2014 at 08:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread