Originally Posted by TheEternalAbyss
I've searched around the forum and haven't seen anything related to this, so I thought I'd create a thread and ask in case anyone knew.
I was interested in purchasing the Geeksphone Revolution and was wondering if a Firefox 2.0 build existed for it? I see there is a a 2.0 build for the Peak and Keon, but those are not available for purchase. So would I be stuck on 1.3 if I got the Geeksphone or would someone have a build that could be loaded onto the Geeksphone Revolution?
Thanks in advance for any info
to be honestly - I hate the developers of the Geeksphone. For several reasons:
1. The Android Project is just ****ed up - no USB drivers for PC / MAC (really, you have to put out the SD to copy data!)
2. in the beginning the battery had huge drainage - it just held not even a day (after some updates it's okay and useable!)
3. There are no updates since more than a month. In the beginning there were plenty updates for both systems - every week for android! Now I think they stopped the support.. don't know why
4. Firefox OS has plenty bugs, too - that's why no one uses it. No apps is not a bug - but the hardware keys always shine (that's a battery drainer without purpose - I mean under Android they go off after not touching them. Under FFOS they always stress me). Also other smaller bugs..
5. The most interesting feature - Dual boot - there is no actual dual boot (and never will be) - you can only use and flash 1 OS. Android or FireFox os.. or other os. =>
6. Other OS ? There are no other os! I am really sad that I bought a phone with the ability to flash other OS and there are no! You simply can use 2 buggy OS, none of them are really special or work perfectly.
7. The screen resolution of the phone isn't really nice and bright. I can't understand how they did this. Not even 720p. You can count the pixels in nearly every app..
8. No new updates any more ?! Mhh, don't know but no support from Hackers, no support from Geeksphone themselves - no Android, no FFOS updates (okay they said they would release FFOS 2.0 - but I believe there are still like no APPS in the store, probably other bugs, too but didn't test it).. and no OTHER OS! Okay, you have the ability but if no one releases one - that's a pity!
9. No accessories - you can get a pouch for this phone, but no better batteries, no other things.. I didn't even found replacement screen or something (don't need one, just in case)..
To be honestly - simply get another phone. Maybe Jollaphone, or Fairphone (which may get open webos support or firefox or others as well), or wait for Neo900 (Nokia N900 case with better hardware) or something else.
If you are fine with all those problems and bugs - then go ahead and buy one.
I'm just an honest user.. currently I use my HP Pre 3, Huawei Mate, Galaxy Camera as everyday devices, the Geeksphone more or less for spair and for music outside or something..
Greetz from Germany!
the real hackint0sh!
Nokia E7-00, Xperia Play, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TRansformer 80B, XDA IIi, Asus P525, nearly all Nokias on the market
Nokia N9, Galaxy Nexus, Dell Venue Pro.