Google Play Music Customizations – XDA Xposed Tuesday

If Cyanogen Inc. has its way, you won’t be forced into the Google … more

Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[UPDATED] Firefox OS 2.1 for ZTE Open (1st gen) modUI

12th October 2014, 01:08 AM |#81  
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
More
I'll try this, I just need the 1.1 version flashed?
right?

21st October 2014, 12:58 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Any news on an updated 2.2 for the original zte open?
2nd January 2015, 12:48 PM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Working only on first boot
I installed this onto my ZTE Open and it works very well - thank you very much - except for the fact that if I restart the phone then it no longer boots, it stays on the screen saying "based on mozilla technology". I can hold the power button down and get the reboot menu and volume control, but nothing else. I reflashed several times and always the same result. Is there any fix for this? I love the new interface and features of FFOS2 and am happy to do any tests in order to resolve this bug.
4th January 2015, 08:13 PM |#84  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNoobie

I installed this onto my ZTE Open and it works very well - thank you very much - except for the fact that if I restart the phone then it no longer boots, it stays on the screen saying "based on mozilla technology". I can hold the power button down and get the reboot menu and volume control, but nothing else. I reflashed several times and always the same result. Is there any fix for this? I love the new interface and features of FFOS2 and am happy to do any tests in order to resolve this bug.

I have the same problem.
7th January 2015, 08:11 AM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
Tks for your information
27th January 2015, 09:54 PM |#86  

21 posts
Thanks, it works like a charm from official 1.1. I've done the update from 2.1 to 2.2 from the settings menu of the phone without issue.
The look is good, it works great but it's still as slow as in 1.1, no miracle. Also I can now get security SMS (the ones that you cannot store, only view and dismiss, like some banks use for double authentification).
30th January 2015, 12:12 PM |#87  

1 posts
first time ZTE Open device is useful
After a lot of disappointments with the official upgrade policy from ZTE, after having tried older 1.3 images that appeared unusable and reverting to FF OS 1.1, I had already given up all hope to ever again be able to use this device for anything useful.

Just out of curiosity I searched for potential new information, and your 2.2 pre image is working great. I'm very happy that I'm able to use the device to test a recent FirefoxOS version.
Thank you very much!

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNoobie

I installed this onto my ZTE Open and it works very well - thank you very much - except for the fact that if I restart the phone then it no longer boots, it stays on the screen saying "based on mozilla technology". I can hold the power button down and get the reboot menu and volume control, but nothing else. I reflashed several times and always the same result. Is there any fix for this?

I also had this problem on my first attempt. After the initial boot, I explored the phone, changed settings, etc. When I decided to reboot it for the first time, it was always stuck at the same point, and I couldn't get past it.

I repeated the installation instructions, erasing all data and flashing again.

This time, when booting for the first time, I used the strategy to minimize the use of the phone. I rejected all offerings (e.g. kept data and wifi disabled, skipped the tour, etc.) and rebooted. It worked.
In the meantime I have rebooted the phone several times, and it has never been stuck again.

I don't know if it helped to reboot very soon after installation and keeping most things disabled before the first reboot, but that's something you could try.

GPS works for me, too, everything I have tried seems to work fine (didn't yet test bluetooth and phone calls).
30th January 2015, 01:30 PM |#88  

21 posts
Ive got a Zte Open Kis 3 will this rom work?

Send from my Zte kis 3 using my fingers.
2nd February 2015, 12:37 PM |#89  

2 posts
More
Re posted fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai.e

This time, when booting for the first time, I used the strategy to minimize the use of the phone. I rejected all offerings (e.g. kept data and wifi disabled, skipped the tour, etc.) and rebooted. It worked. In the meantime I have rebooted the phone several times, and it has never been stuck again.

Cool - I'm gonna try this when I get some time. Thanks!
26th February 2015, 07:02 PM |#90  

1 posts
I have a ZTE Open with "OPEN_FFOS_V1.1.0B01_TME" (Movistar Spain), I tried rebooting into fastboot (adb reboot fastboot) and fastboot detects it successfully as:
Code:
ROAMER2	fastboot
Is there any way for me to install this or it will just brick?
Thanks .
Last edited by Kunagi; 26th February 2015 at 08:40 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread