Originally Posted by bkerensa
I'm wondering how many XDA folks have ordered the new [...] Flame reference phone[/URL]? I was able to check it a few weeks ago and have to say its an even more polished device then the ZTE Open and Keon. I'm looking forward to getting one soon.
I got my flame last friday. German customs and DHL wanted 52 Euro before they handed the device over to me. So in total I paid now around 170 Euro.
Putting this aside, after 3 days of extensive usage, I can tell following things:
It comes with firefox os 18.104.22.168-prelelease (git commit: 2014-06-16 5c43d012)
- Dual Sim capabilities are working nearly perfectly, having my private sim as first one using internet and in/outgoing calls and my buisness sim put into the second slot for receiving calls. Doing a call over the second sim requires to get into settings menu and reassign the outgoing calls to second sim, which is a little inconvenient.
- Hardware seems very well built and due to the weight, the device feels very valueable.
- I like the design
- Firefox OS boots very fast and runs then without any glitches or freezes, it feels responsible like android device with 2.2 ghz processor.
- Applications start instantly, almost no waiting.
- Chatting using various protocols (Whatsapp, jabber, irc) works quite well using apps from marketplace.
- Surfing the web works perfect, especially the scrolling feels so natrual, no noticable delay.
- Battery lasting just about 15-16 hours under normal load (Chatting from time to time, browsing and about 30 minutes of youtube videos), but as I'm usually having a powerpack or usb available wherever I go, this is no real showstopper for me.
- The camera. Pictures just look aweful, in case you are not lighten your object with a bulb as powerful as the sun. Pictures with enabled flash are even worse.
- It's hard to search for information, as google always thinks you mean "firefox" instead of "firefox os"
I'll now dig into app development and start "programming" or better scripting some stuff.