Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 43,531 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to backup FFOSHi

Tip us?

GrenSo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] how to backup FFOSHi

Hi,

I will test FFOS 2.1 on my ZTE Open C and found here many usefull information. Thank you for this!
But I can not find any information about creating a backup or an image from FFOS. I only read a backup is necessary but I found just out how to backup contacts and nothing more.
For Android I know "Titanium Backup" but this one did not work on FFOS. ...or is it?

So can you please tell me how to do a complete backup from all of my settings or how to create a image of my current FFOS 1.3?

THX.

phorkyas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

at first, I have to admit, that I started flashing oder playing with my ZTE Open C started last week.
By now I flashed different images and had some issues also.

I started with the Open C Upgrade Tool from comebuy Firefox OS developer site. At mozilla ZTE Open C site you will find this link. But that image has issues with recovery.img and so i installed on my Ubuntu these packages android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot.

Now you have to start your mobile into fastboot-mode by switching off your mobile. Then press start button on top off your mobile and volume control down button the same time. Then you will see splash image and your mobile will be in fastboot mode. Open terminal and type "sudo adb start-server" connect your mobile to laptop and type "sudo fastboot devices" now you will get a message. Download the images from vampirefo from the other thread or just download cw_recovery_50.img if you have done this you can boot this img on your mobile: "sudo fastboot boot cw_recovery_50.img". Then just wait. You will see after some time a menu where you can select backup or recovery. Then there will be a second menu and you can select a backup to external_sd.

I hope i could help you with this.

By the way... If you don't run Ubuntu, you need some android-sdks for Windows.

GrenSo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thx for you help. Now I know how to backup and install an image on my ZTE Open C. I did not realised that the recovery.img is a backup and restore software.

darkowlzz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by phorkyas View Post
Hi,

at first, I have to admit, that I started flashing oder playing with my ZTE Open C started last week.
By now I flashed different images and had some issues also.

I started with the Open C Upgrade Tool from comebuy Firefox OS developer site. At mozilla ZTE Open C site you will find this link. But that image has issues with recovery.img and so i installed on my Ubuntu these packages android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot.

Now you have to start your mobile into fastboot-mode by switching off your mobile. Then press start button on top off your mobile and volume control down button the same time. Then you will see splash image and your mobile will be in fastboot mode. Open terminal and type "sudo adb start-server" connect your mobile to laptop and type "sudo fastboot devices" now you will get a message. Download the images from vampirefo from the other thread or just download cw_recovery_50.img if you have done this you can boot this img on your mobile: "sudo fastboot boot cw_recovery_50.img". Then just wait. You will see after some time a menu where you can select backup or recovery. Then there will be a second menu and you can select a backup to external_sd.

I hope i could help you with this.

By the way... If you don't run Ubuntu, you need some android-sdks for Windows.
I just did the same on a keon device. Really nice