FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[UPDATED] ZTE Open C 2.1 - modUI

27th February 2015, 12:24 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
just to add

Updated to 2.2 from builds.firefoxos.mozfr.org/doc/en/devices/zte-open-c-eu and it has been wonderful. copy and paste are shrink-able app stack are great for sure. More importantly, the merging of browser and the OS is so much more seamless. Tapping the universal search on homescreen now does apps, suggestions and histories, much like desktop firefox awesome bar on steroid.

Very good update, and judging by the comparison of original modUI of this post, and the more recent build at mozfr, the optimization mozilla made is tremendous. Can't wait for the final release!

2nd March 2015, 10:48 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crislevin

this is system language, keyboard has a separate item in the settings.

I installed on my first ZTE Open C the 2.1 version from FirefoxOS and it works well. If found only one "bug" and one thing I have to check the next days.

- The software button below the display did not go one anymore and stay off. This is not really a big problem but it is not so easy at night to find it if you will go back. Can anyone confirm it, is it a bug?
- It seems 2.1 needs more power like 1.3, because in my opinion the battery will drain faster. I am not sure and will test it next days.

On my second ZTE open C I tried 3.0 version from FirefoxOS and it works well too but I will stay with 2.1 the next time.
4th March 2015, 09:36 AM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
my home button works fine with 2.1.

You can always reflash back to 2.1 if you prefer that version. 3.0 seems too unstable, I do, however, prefer 2.2, which has some good features.
11th March 2015, 12:31 PM |#94  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crislevin

my home button works fine with 2.1.

You can always reflash back to 2.1 if you prefer that version. 3.0 seems too unstable, I do, however, prefer 2.2, which has some good features.

Now it works with 2.1 perfectly. Thx!

I have one stupid question about font icon in 2.2 and 3.0. Both version have in status bar the bug as font icon and I can not find any information about the meaning of this icon. Can you tell me what this bug means and if this important for the using from 2.2 or 3.0?
11th March 2015, 06:03 PM |#95  

More
Flashing community build ROM
Dear XDA!

Can I flash the nightly or any ROM from the community builds (builds.firefoxos.mozfr.org/doc/en/devices/zte-open-c-eu) here
if I rooted and shallowflashed a 2.0 flame FFOS build to my phone in Linux the way it is described here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...ide/ZTE_OPEN_C ?

Right now I don't have access to any PC with Admin right and I really need the newest version.

Thank you for the answers.
Last edited by sznattila; 11th March 2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: forgot to mentions flame build
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firefox os, firefox os zte open c, gaia, modui, zte open c
Previous Thread Next Thread