Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] thread on LG G Pad 7.0/8.0/10.1

Tip us?

wesleywwood
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock ROM/Firmware for LG G Pad 7.0 LTE AT&T

Just got one of these from a guy on craigslist. Says he rooted it and flash a ROM to it, but reverted all back to Stock. For my own paranoia I want to flash it back to stock myself so I know there isn't any malicious software hidden. Can anyone show me where I can find the stock ROM for this tablet? Or am I just being silly?

NJ_RAMS_FAN
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleywwood View Post
Just got one of these from a guy on craigslist. Says he rooted it and flash a ROM to it, but reverted all back to Stock. For my own paranoia I want to flash it back to stock myself so I know there isn't any malicious software hidden. Can anyone show me where I can find the stock ROM for this tablet? Or am I just being silly?
you should be fine.. if anything erased data (restore) all over again..

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo4uo View Post
Has anyone tried or been successful pulling a factory image file for the LG V410 which is the AT&T G Pad 7.0? I tried the other day but there was not an image on their servers at that time
hey,

since you are rooted, is there a way to hide the "insert sim card" message? I got one for my mom but I didn't realized it was the v410. We are just planning to use with wi-fi.
Me: T-Mobile LG G3; Nexus 5 Tablet: LG Pad 8.3
Wife: Samsung Galaxy S IV SGH-M919 Tablet: Tab 3 8.0

Retired: T-Mobile G2x (2 Sold), HTC Amaze 4g (sold), GSM Galaxy Nexus (Broke ), Galaxy S II T-989(Sold), Galaxy S III T-999(Sold) Tablets: Samsung 7.0 Plus (Sold), Samsung 2 7.0 (Sold), Asus TF300 (Sold)

SuperMidgetProductions
Old
Thanks Meter 15
i hope now that a few people have a 7.0 v410 the ball can get rollin on figuring out this little thing.

paperWastage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_RAMS_FAN View Post
since you are rooted, is there a way to hide the "insert sim card" message? I got one for my mom but I didn't realized it was the v410. We are just planning to use with wi-fi.
you can't keep Airplane Mode on, and Wifi on as well, to avoid the message?

otherwise, maybe an xposed module can fix that issue (xposed requires root)
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel

NJ_RAMS_FAN
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperWastage View Post
you can't keep Airplane Mode on, and Wifi on as well, to avoid the message?

otherwise, maybe an xposed module can fix that issue (xposed requires root)
yea.. thats what Im doing. I thought there be a better way without seeing that airplane icon all day.. haha..

Retired: T-Mobile G2x (2 Sold), HTC Amaze 4g (sold), GSM Galaxy Nexus (Broke ), Galaxy S II T-989(Sold), Galaxy S III T-999(Sold) Tablets: Samsung 7.0 Plus (Sold), Samsung 2 7.0 (Sold), Asus TF300 (Sold)

paperWastage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_RAMS_FAN View Post
yea.. thats what Im doing. I thought there be a better way without seeing that airplane icon all day.. haha..
well, if you don't have airplane mode on, the GSM chip on the device may still be active and looking for signal (for emergency/911 use).. worse battery life

may as well turn it off
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel

NJ_RAMS_FAN
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperWastage View Post
well, if you don't have airplane mode on, the GSM chip on the device may still be active and looking for signal (for emergency/911 use).. worse battery life

may as well turn it off
ahh yea.. didint think of that.. it's for my mom so I'm 99% sure she won't care.. haha.. as long as she can surf the web and play candy crush, thats all that matters..