[DEV] thread on LG G Pad 7.0/8.0/10.1

Search This thread

tlxxxsracer

Jul 28, 2010
Knoxville
I thought its free?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

It technically is. you just pay whatever it costs for the data.. they will credit your acct $9.99 a month, but youre in contract for 2yrs for the data plan. so $9.99 x 24 = 250.. and thats how much the device is normally.
But if you cancel within that 2yrs, say youve had it for 1yr then you would still own 125 (for example)
I pay $10/month for 5gb/month for 2yrs, so im breaking even too.

Reactions: MicroMod777

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
It technically is. you just pay whatever it costs for the data.. they will credit your acct $9.99 a month, but youre in contract for 2yrs for the data plan. so $9.99 x 24 = 250.. and thats how much the device is normally.
But if you cancel within that 2yrs, say youve had it for 1yr then you would still own 125 (for example)
I pay $10/month for 5gb/month for 2yrs, so im breaking even too.

Ahh, another sneaky way to lock you into a 2 year contacts by Mr. Uncarrier T-Mobile. I knew there was a catch. Guess I'll stick with my V480 8" wifi.

heldersf

Mar 9, 2012
Hi, just got a LGE 8.0 LTE and found out that I cannot find any thread aout it, no recovery or roms for it. is it really like this?
anyone has some info about it?

thanks,

beachmiles

Feb 20, 2012
Redondo Beach
V410 recovery and CM12.1 on UK410 seems to be working

Is there any way to root the uk410? Would love to root and put custom recovery.
Maybe someone can shed some light on this as i have tried purpledrake/towelroot and none of them work.
Help me out guys. Thanks.

I had to do it manually through the ADB interface using the generic method for LG phones. I'm not sure where I found the link but it looks like someone automated it using this GUI
http://www.droidviews.com/easily-root-lg-devices-using-the-one-click-root-script/

I flashed the recovery image using flashify
http://www.droidviews.com/root-lg-g-pad-7-v400-v410-and-install-twrp-recovery/

It looks like our US-Cellular UK410 variant isn't that widespread yet but I just flashed the latest CM 12.1 nightly on it ok for the V410 and it everything seems to be working
http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/topic/8184-unofficial-cm12-port/

schwem

Oct 15, 2014
Auburn Hills
I build one for the v480 send me your stock Boot or recovery image.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

What ever happened to V700? I haven't heard from you in quite a while buddy. You come up with anything?

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

I build one for the v480 send me your stock Boot or recovery image.

I upgraded from G2 to the G3 and even that has an auto recovery app for it on lollipop. I wonder what it would take to make it for the V700?

shoxxy

Sep 8, 2013
Stadt
Hey man ;)

You know how many times we both have tested build after build. Maybe when Theres a New "bump" , we could try it again ;)

Best regards Buddy

ggeorgieev

Jan 16, 2014
Sofia
What ever happened to V700? I haven't heard from you in quite a while buddy. You come up with anything?

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

I upgraded from G2 to the G3 and even that has an auto recovery app for it on lollipop. I wonder what it would take to make it for the V700?
https://dl.twrp.me/e9wifi/

Isn't that for V700? Or I am wrong? :)

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk

ggeorgieev

Jan 16, 2014
Sofia
Looks like :) BTW is there any solution for the annoying video playback problem on the official CM12.1 for V400. I have reported the issue at least 3 times, but nothing changed in the new builds. Am I the only one having this problem???

schwem

Oct 15, 2014
Auburn Hills

It'd be nice if it said whether to flash the image on kitkat or lollipop. Hmmm... I'm on lollipop but don't know if I should just give it a try or not.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Yes it should be .....

I tried it and got the boot certification error. Looks like I have no choice but to return to kitkat. Really wish I could have it on lollipop. Thanks for the link @shoxxy. I guess I'll be kdz'ing back to kitkat soon. Maybe now that there's twrp someone with a decent p.c. can build cm12 for v700

schwem

Oct 15, 2014
Auburn Hills
You probably want to check this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3112724

Yup. I was right. I have to downhrade to kitkat but I'm not going to if there isn't any cm or aosp roms for it. I didn't like kitkat on this tablet. Really wish I could build a rom with the piece of junk computer I have. Thanks for all the help guys. Maybe I'll go get a new computer sometime in the future and attempt to build a rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP Recovery for V410

Here a copy of TWRP 2.8.1.0 for the V410 built by me.

To install, unzip and install it to your tablet either via dd or fastboot to the recovery partition.

Please also say thank you to @savoca for the kernel touch hack that makes TWRP touch work on the V400 / V410 :)
    Progress!!!!!!

Wow it works with v410 ?, i stuck with the recovery now and team codefire hasn't replied my email yet, let's wait for it.

Progress!!!!!!

I managed to boot into CWM :) on my (LG G Pad 7.0) aka (LG v410) aka (e7lte) aka (e7lteatt). Yeap this tablet has more, than anything else.

I still have to fix the fstab making some parts are not mounting correctly ( ex: /sdcard wont mount. I have to manually mount the partition ).

Until I can fix I wont publish, I dont want people blaming me for their broken devices. :)

@bangprovn
    You where in the right path but your recovery image is missing dtb ( Device Tree Blob ) and it has the wrong fstab values. PM me to explain in detail what I did to make it work. Booting recovery from flashboot does not requieres img to be bumped, but if boot from device it still required to be bumped.

***People im still a noob at compiling android from source code, so don't expect any custom rom from me... making recovery work is one thing, compiling android complete is another thing. ***
    Not sure if anyone noticed but I posted the Stock ROM over in the Android Development section.

Also I'm working on a stock based ROM that is de-bloated, deodexed , zip aligned, rooted, etc.
    I have dumped aboot , abootb , boot and recovery.
    here it is.
    Dropbox[dot][com]/s/ski2gwx904bsiqh/Misc.7z?dl=0

Meanwhile , i was editing framework-res.apk and that has led to the pad being stuck at the at and t logo . Any ideas on how i can boot into stock recovery or adb the stock apk ? I am able to boot into download mode .
    Everything working TWRP - stand by...