[DEV] thread on LG G Pad 7.0/8.0/10.1

940 posts
Thanks Meter: 465

By paperWastage, Senior Member on 5th August 2014, 05:09 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st August 2015, 08:08 PM |#1591  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
twrp recovery/root/stock rom: Possible with new update v410?
Hello - I have been reading through this thread, and I was hoping someone could help me with some answers to some burning questions.
I have the LG GPad 7 v410 - it is being returned to me today from LG for in warranty service. It was stuck in a bootloop from the OTA update. I fixed it, but sent it in anyway. They are sending me back my tablet flashed back to 100% stock. my questions:

1) before doing anything else, how do I back up the stock recovery, and stock firmware?

2) where is the latest version of TWRP?

3) is it possible to root the stock lollipop update, without being affected by the bootloop I previously experienced? I would like to use the stock rom until cyanogenmod Rom is on a stable build.

4) is there a root method that does not require a pc?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

24th August 2015, 01:14 AM |#1592  
Flag NYC, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,193

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwh0r3

Use the fix i posted just a page or so back.

Not for at&t v410. Its theirs and theirs alone.

yes...I have not seen nor heard lollipop update for at&t v410 being pushed yet....f....king at&t!!!!
24th August 2015, 03:49 AM |#1593  
Flag Millerstown, PA
Thanks Meter: 475

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzespresso

yes...I have not seen nor heard lollipop update for at&t v410 being pushed yet....f....king at&t!!!!

The at&t lollipop update for our tabs is what's bricking a few, including my own. They're not sharing the files. So until they do, I'm on cm12.1 so no chance of bricking it completely here.
24th August 2015, 01:43 PM |#1594  

More
Help, Please. I now have stock firmware 5.0.2. It will not root with purpledrake, purpledrake lite, dp tools, lg one click root, kingroot etc. etc. I have tried alot of options. Does anyone have a successful method to root the new OTA firmware? please advise. Thank you

lg G pad 7 v410
24th August 2015, 03:27 PM |#1595  
Flag NYC, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,193

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwh0r3

The at&t lollipop update for our tabs is what's bricking a few, including my own. They're not sharing the files. So until they do, I'm on cm12.1 so no chance of bricking it completely here.

hopefully they or someone post lollipop update....until then all we can do is wait...
24th August 2015, 04:05 PM |#1596  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What page is the post I looked everywhere. This is for the v410? I can't get into my twrp recovery only download mode and the factory reset. The factory reset doesn't work tho It just stays on the reseting screen and never does anything.
24th August 2015, 04:05 PM |#1597  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
My v410 has started not working in certain spots on the screen..Along the right side at the top..While in portrait the keyboard key 1/Q won't work and other things..also you can't get the nav buttons to work when your not in portrait mode
"
Is there anyway I can try to fix this..Its my nephews I got for him..any he'll would be appreciated

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Last edited by kenbrownstone; 24th August 2015 at 04:13 PM.
24th August 2015, 04:07 PM |#1598  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Also I have the LG flash tool and have used it before but I can't find the files necessary to flash it back. Is there any files that can be flashed even of its a different version?
25th August 2015, 07:55 PM |#1599  
Flag Brooklyn NY
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tablet LG Gpad VK410 (verizon)
Hey guys I've been looking for the KDZ file to downgrade my firmware back to 4.4 and I can't seen to find it anywhere online. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it
27th August 2015, 08:47 PM |#1600  

More
Hey everybody. Desperation set in, and I tried flashing the v400 kdz rom on my v410, the 4.4.2 kdz. Long story short, it didn't brick.
Didn't work either. LOL
There are a lot of smart dedicated devs on this site - I am sure someone will figure out how to root this thing sooner or later. When they do, they can have a beer or two on me. Peace
The Following User Says Thank You to kevmagnus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
g-pad-7
Previous Thread Next Thread