FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Any rooting methods for G pad 10.1/8/7?

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By darthvadergr, Junior Member on 28th July 2014, 08:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th January 2015, 04:20 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Looking for CWM Recovery LG-V700
I was able to easily root my LG-V700 with TowelRoot. Now I would like to get a ClockworkMod recovery installed. Has anyone ported it over for this device yet? I see that BobZhome ported for the VS700, but I don't know if that is compatible and I fear bricking my device. Has anyone that has rooted found a working recovery?

8th February 2015, 01:08 PM |#22  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom9

Has anyone tried Purpledrake on a Verizon G Pad 10.1 LTE? Just picked one up and am eager to root it, but don't want to brick it right off the bat!

I'm pretty sure you won't brick it with purpledrake, from what I read it has a mechanism for testing first so you'll be fine if the method fails. So far purpledrake seems to root most of the G pads
22nd February 2015, 11:30 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
One question.
Wich version lg home launcher installed on v700/v400 on stock?
If i understood correcly there is lg g2 home launcher and lg g3 home launcher right?
But couldnt find wich one comes with v700/v400.
Thanks in advance.
6th April 2015, 09:39 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Got Root on Verizon LG G Pad 10.1 VK700
Just wanted to follow up with everyone, I was able to get root on my Verizon LTE LG G Pad 10.1 (model VK700) using the files and methods described here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...lipop-t3056951

I hope this helps others!
The Following User Says Thank You to zoomzoom9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2015, 02:14 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Purple Drake worked for me this morning on my $50 V410. Took some tinkering with the sequence, but what worked was this:
1. Enable USB Debugging
2. Find and install drivers for windows
3. Download, unzip, run Purple Drake on PC
4. AFTER Purple Drake started and is looking for device, then plug in.
5. Read what PD is telling you before you click enter (several times)
6. After first boot, get supersu from play store, install, update binaries, reboot
7. Get a custom recovery and NADROID ON FIRST OPPORTUNITY
8. Read about the joys and rewards of homebrewing
16th June 2015, 03:38 PM |#26  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 18

More
This is what worked for my UK410 tablet. It's a US Cellular LTE version..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...lipop-t3056951
22nd June 2015, 10:14 AM |#27  
Flag Brunswick
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Kingroot worked flawlessly on G Pad 10.1 vk700
Well I had it a couple days and I couldn't take the 1 gb ram and it was jus too slow so I said screw it, popped in kingroot (4.1v), one click and Giggity Giggity ..Success! Thank god cuz I'm shy a pc right now. I installed busybox on the second attempt which was weird cuz I used one (stericson?I think) and wouldn't update then I installed some other installer and it updated. I am going to consider xposed next, but first I need to toss kinguser for SuperSU and need a custom recovery also. If anyone knows where I could look for these steps without a pc I would highly appreciate it. So far the apps I have used worked fine but the normal install SuperSU and let it replace the old su couldn't update the binaries. I've seen the Super Sume app in the store but I'm cautious to reroot and I can't even figure out how to boot into recovery on this device and have never flashed before soooo...lol thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)