Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 51,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Gohma 1.0 - Preview 12 (KVM78Y)

Tip us?

hutzdani
Old
(Last edited by hutzdani; 5th August 2014 at 08:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Default [ROM] Gohma 1.0 - Preview 12 (KVM78Y)

DISCLAMER : : This is NOT my work, I am simply passing on the details of this ROM from the ROOTZWIKI site - Original URL - http://rootzwiki.com/topic/207402-ro...-android-wear/

DOWNLOAD - Please find the download link in the rootzwiki original thread [AS ABOVE^^^]

Current build : Preview 12

Based on the new OTA (KVM78Y)

Features :

Improved battery life
Reduced lag between screens
Improved overall performance
Increased vibration strength and duration
Other surprises!

Instructions :

1. Follow instructions in the zip file, do not attempt to flash!
2. Let watch sit for a few minutes once booted to settle (a lot is done on first boot)

If you wish to donate towards this ROM, please follow the link in the rootzwiki thread !

Useful Tools

CWM - http://forum.xda-developers.com/g-wa...-lg-g-t2833877

TWRP - http://forum.xda-developers.com/g-wa...utmk=234457885
Recovery & Reboot menu - http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...overy-t2838400

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

MORE INFO

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Instructions :

1. Press the watch face untill google now shows up and scroll down to settings.

2. Tap the build number field 7 times to enable developer settings.

3. Back in the settings menu, click developer options and enable USB debugging ( you will need the Paired handset to enable debugging ! )

4. Open up your COMMAND PROMPT in your usual ADB / FASTBOOT directory ( In my case C:/ANDROID-SDK)

5. Type ADB DEVICES and allow debugging on your phone from the prompt screen.

6. ADB REBOOT BOOTLOADER, Then type FASTBOOT OEM UNLOCK.

7. Using the Arrows and the O button in the bootloader, select YES unlock when prompted and press O to enter the selection.

8. Allow your watch to reboot fully and re-enable Developer options and USB debugging.

9. While booted into Android wear, run the Windows Installer Script found in the download and follow the commands in the terminal window.

10. Allow the watch to reboot and re pair with your handset.

11. Run the Installer.bat file from the Zip and follow the instructions

Nexus 4 - CM11(Nightly's) - Kernel - CM Stock

Nexus 5 - CM11-M8-SNAPSHOT

Nexus 7 (2nd Gen ) - CM11-M8-SNAPSHOT

G Watch - Ghoma P10 - ROOTED

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hutzdani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JackHanAnLG
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I've never really understood custom ROMs although I've flashed more then I've had hot dinners

If you can give better battery life and smoother animations why don't they have that in the standard ROms like the tweaks etc

J

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to JackHanAnLG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

okibi
Old
(Last edited by okibi; 9th July 2014 at 12:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,956

DONATE TO ME
Interesting that someone posted my ROM over here on XDA....

You can post to the main thread, but please do not post directly to the downloads.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to okibi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bryanhayn
Old
(Last edited by bryanhayn; 9th July 2014 at 01:18 AM.) Reason: because
Thanks Meter 37
Can't figure out how to unlock bootloader. Readme says to enable USB debugging in developer options, but there is no USB debugging option, only ADB debugging and debug over bluetooth.

Nevermind: Properly installed SDK crap and it worked.
Not that you care, but my phone history: Samsung SGH-N105, SGH-S105, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 3650, 3220, Motorola SLVR L7, Blackberry Pearl 8100, original iPhone, 3G, 3GS, & 4, Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, SIII, Note 2, HTC One, LG G2 & Pebble watch, Sony Xperia Z2 & LG G Watch (current)

czonin
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Edit: Nevermind

soundwave809
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks

First of all, thanks for working on the rom and making it better. I did notice less jitter in the animation. However, I didn't notice the vibration being any stronger that was one of the main reason I wanted to test this out. Is it possible for you to make it even stronger, I'm having a hard time feeling it vibrate?

demitrix
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Reduced lag is noticeable immediately.

Thanks!

okibi
Old
Thanks Meter 1,956

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave809 View Post
First of all, thanks for working on the rom and making it better. I did notice less jitter in the animation. However, I didn't notice the vibration being any stronger that was one of the main reason I wanted to test this out. Is it possible for you to make it even stronger, I'm having a hard time feeling it vibrate?
Yeah, I'll make it stronger and increase the duration a little as well. Look for an update later today on the original thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to okibi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GiantAxe
Old
Thanks Meter 40
mhhmmm it trew a SU error on me, it installed fine just no SU found. do you really also need root for this?

spiderflash
Old
(Last edited by spiderflash; 9th July 2014 at 04:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 77
Hmm I just tried it and it appears none of the changes are being saved after the watch reboots. It works fine until then and everything is pushed over correctly, but as soon as the watch restarts it deletes all the changes? I don't know what I could have done wrong, no errors came up, I have root and ADB debugging enabled. Any idea @okibi?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	1246
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	2842143   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1805
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	2842144