Android Wear 1.4 OTA (Marshmallow) is rolling out

Search This thread

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
Maybe not at first, but I'm sure someone will figure it out.

True. I would imagine if say they get root on the Moto 360 on 1.4 that it would be very similar for us. On that note glancing at the Moto 360 thread on 1.4 it sounds like there's been an issue with it bricking some watches during the update. So we might be in for a bit of a wait with getting it on the G Watch at this point.

mgb1982

May 2, 2012
view
Got it!

stackdaddy

Aug 7, 2013
Thanks for the link! I have to say that after the update the watch is much faster and more fluid in general. I don't know I see a difference in apps yet though.

EpicPlayer

Apr 27, 2015
I didn't get a notification but I went to the system updates section in settings, guess what? It prompted me to charge my watch to download the update. So excited

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

eskamhl

Dec 20, 2008
OnePlus Nord
Google Pixel 6a
I updated manually yesterday.
I can't anymore mute the phone and keep the smartwatch in vibration mode [emoji21]
If I put the phone in do not disturb mode the smartwatch doesn't vibrate, quite disappointing..

EpicPlayer

Apr 27, 2015
Anyone in the US get the update?
Yep. I threw my watch on the charger and by morning the new update was installed. Check your system updates section

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

97b4c48596221eb27e135c683161396e.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ttg

Dec 27, 2009
www.talaviram.com
Same here. got the OTA this morning.
though not having restart is real bummer. at least throw it to developer or something but this is really poor decision :(

magicstick5

Dec 31, 2014
5:15 PM here....Eastern us and I still haven't gotten the update even though it's been charging since afternoon

EpicPlayer

Apr 27, 2015
5:15 PM here....Eastern us and I still haven't gotten the update even though it's been charging since afternoon
You only have to charge to download the update. If you haven't gotten a notification or doesn't say anything related to it in the system update section of settings then charging all day would be useless. You should put your beautiful piece of jewelry back on for the world to see

Pak0St

Dec 15, 2015
Just received the OTA. About 10PM GMT in UK.

Android Wear: 1.4.0.2576000
Google Play services: 8.6.98
Android OS: 6.0.1
Build number: MEC23G

Initial impression:
1. The new gestures are awesome. It will be super handy for stopping/playing music. At least with Google Play Music card when you pull the hand up or down, it does move to the next page rather than activating the button. Same with SoundCloud.
2. The default launcher is faster at least for now. Maybe I will start using it instead of WearMini Launcher.
3. Scrolling with gesture in cards is cool. I can see myself doing it often.
4. I haven't messed with the permissions. I do notice some apps (Guns'n'Glory, Ingress, PaperCraft, Google Play Music to name a few) are not present in the permissions tab. I haven't uploaded any music from GPM on the watch and I don't think the others have any special permissions.

It is too soon to tell if the stability or battery life has any change.

I do see "Vibrate on connectivity change" inside Developer options. And one new entry "Audio Injector" inside Wear Developer Options. And yes, the restart option has been removed. Bummer.

EpicPlayer

Apr 27, 2015
Unfortunately since it was an OTA I believe the kernel was flashed to stock. I was using the invisiblek kernel for G Watch which unlocked all four cores and all speeds which made it lightning fast and battery could last three days with the always on screen disabled

magicstick5

Dec 31, 2014
Just got MM. Its alot smoother. In battery optimization, it's all disabled. Unfortunately reboot is gone.. You can try wear rebooter

Yangman75

Feb 20, 2016
Ota in Malaysia

Received the update OTA over in Malaysia this morning. Still trying to adjust to the new gestures.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Look at the part in bold
    Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce a new update for Android Wear, rolling out starting today which will include the following features:

New ways to get your information: Android Wear is launching even more wrist gestures so you can navigate your watch by just moving your arm. In addition to scrolling through your cards, you can now expand a card, bring up your apps, or return back to the watch face by just moving your arm.

New ways to communicate: Your Android Wear watch already saves you time by letting you see who’s calling. Starting today, with speaker support for Android Wear, you can take calls and make calls too. Just make sure your watch and phone are within Bluetooth range.This will be available on Android Wear watches with speakers, starting with the Huawei Watch and ASUS ZenWatch 2 (49mm - large). Also, for those using Google Messenger for SMS, its new watch app allows you to see your full message threads right on your wrist.

New supported languages: Android Wear is now available in six new languages: Dutch, Polish, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Indonesian and Thai. Set up the language on your phone under settings. .

New apps experiences: With the new Google Now app experience on your watch, never miss important notification cards, such as reminders or flight delays. Launch the Google app from your apps list to see all of your notifications. The new Reminders app allows you to create, view, and archive reminders. Also, now send instant messages with just your voice from the following 3rd party apps like Google Hangouts, Nextplus, Telegram, Viber, WeChat, and WhatsApp

Settings update: With the new Date and time setting, you can now choose to sync your watch’s time and date automatically or change it manually. For watches with integrated speakers, control Sound including media, alarm and ring volumes, as well as ringtone! Finally, we’ve made some other changes to keep in mind. Restart has been dropped in the latest update. If you do power down be sure to use your power button on to restart your watch. And if you need to reset your watch, now select Unpair with phone.

Conserve power - When your watch is not worn for a long period of time it will go into a mode to conserve battery by restricting what your apps are accessing and running. To exit this mode just move your watch, turn on the screen or connect it to a charger. To also help conserve battery, individual apps that have been unused will go into a standby mode until you start using the app again.

In preparation to receive this update on your watch, please make sure you have the latest version of the Android Wear app on your phone, by opening the Play Store, searching for “Android Wear”, and opening the app’s Play Store page. If an [Update] button is visible, make sure to update the app.

To successfully receive the update on your watch, please make sure your watch is on its charger overnight and connected to your nearby phone by either bluetooth or Wi-Fi (Android phones only).

The release will roll out gradually in the coming days and weeks. As always, feel free to ask questions on this forum or share feedback and let us know if you encounter any issues!

For more information, you can read our blog announcement.

Cheers!
    The Android Wear team

Source for that.

Or you could just look at the new Android Wear help section here.
    Where did it mention the restart button will be removed?
    Have you tried to physically turn on the G Watch without the charging dock on hand? You need something small and pointy like a toothpick.

And to me it's the principal of the matter. Taking away a basic function for no good reason. Why is it okay for us to just shrug our shoulder and be like "okay that's fine." No it's not.
    A pen works fine.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk