How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[How To] Launch Tasker tasks from the G Watch - AutoVoice integration possible

OP spiderflash

9th July 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 95

331 posts
More
This isn't really a full tutorial, more a merge of two separate ones so that you can start tasker tasks and / or autovoice, in order to do home-automation or basically just start any tasker task you want.

Let me show you what I'm talking about:

What you need:
Basicly you need to set up a notification using AutoNotification (You can use this tutorial to set up a notification if you do not know how).
Important:
  • You have to use Buttons for the actions, as only these will be visible and usable on the watch.
  • Do NOT select "Persistent" mode, else the notification will not show up on the watch
  • You have to select a sound for the notification, else the notification will not show up on the watch
  • Do NOT select "Dismiss on Touch", else the notification can only be used once
Also useful: If you do not set a text, the notification will only be visible on the phone when the status bar is expanded. This keeps you status bar clean, which I prefer.

Create the necessary profiles and tasks for each button (as shown in the tutorial). I have one button to start my task and one to dismiss the notification.
This being done you can now run the task to open the notification. The notification will show up on your watch and you can launch the actions you set for each button. If you don't want to use AutoVoice profiles, you're done here

If you do though (like me) in order to (for example) start more tasks using only your voice (useful for home automation) continue reading.

Setup AutoVoice profiles in tasker (you can use this tutorial if you don't know how) for each voice command you want to use. Then create a task to launch AutoVoice recognition. Set this task as the task that will be executed when you press the button you created above. Done, you can now use your watch to start AutoVoice recognition and execute any task you want by voice.

My setup:
A notification with 2 buttons: The first one opens AutoVoice recognition on my N5 so that I can say for example "Turn the lights on". The second one deletes the notification when I don't need it anymore.
I have seperate Tasker profiles with AutoVoice to start several home automation commands (control my lights, pc, etc).
That's it, it's really not that complicated.

I hope this was useful, as soon as the Google Now API Xposed Module will be updated, you can also start tasks from your watch directly by voice without the need of this notification. But until then this is a good alternative, in my opinion at least
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spiderflash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

331 posts
More
If you want to start tasks directly from your watch with your voice you can now do this again (watch the video). Google Now API has been updated to 1.31. Combine that with AutoVoice like I did here to unlock unlimited possibilities. Requires Xposed Framework. Or you can use the method above instead.

Last edited by spiderflash; 9th July 2014 at 10:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderflash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 46

223 posts
More
I had some fun with this last night - I couldn't get IFTTT to launch with standard voice commands, so I ended up putting together "launch if/then" which launches it properly.

I had some Google Play credit left over, so I ended up buying Tasker and AutoVoice Pro.

Thanks for sharing this!
11th July 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #4  
Flag Saint Paul, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 3,197

1,050 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderflash

If you want to start tasks directly from your watch with your voice you can now do this again (watch the video). Google Now API has been updated to 1.31. Combine that with AutoVoice like I did here to unlock unlimited possibilities. Requires Xposed Framework. Or you can use the method above instead.

Where did you find the google now api 1.3.1 update? its not showing up on xposed.
11th July 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

331 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman96385

Where did you find the google now api 1.3.1 update? its not showing up on xposed.

Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54013884
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderflash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #6  
Mississauga, on
Thanks Meter: 166

963 posts
More
I can get the notification and buttons on my watch, but am not able to link that button to my tasked to turn on the wemo light... Can someone please help?

Thnx
14th July 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

331 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnIXmA

I can get the notification and buttons on my watch, but am not able to link that button to my tasked to turn on the wemo light... Can someone please help?

Thnx

You have to set a profile which activates when autonotification receives a message. That message must be the name of the button. This profile will then launch the task.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th July 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #8  
Mississauga, on

963 posts
More
I just need to turn on my demo light from the watch... Can you please check from the pics as to what am I doing wrong? I am a newbie with this
Thnx

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405352980999.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	2850934Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405353001669.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	2850935Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405353020041.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	2850936Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405353032571.jpg
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	2850937Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405353047089.jpg
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	2850938
14th July 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

331 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnIXmA

I just need to turn on my demo light from the watch... Can you please check from the pics as to what am I doing wrong? I am a newbie with this
Thnx

Attachment 2850934Attachment 2850935Attachment 2850936Attachment 2850937Attachment 2850938

I'm not sure, seems alright. But check again, make sure everything is like in this video:

14th July 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #10  
Mississauga, on

963 posts
More
Thnx

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread