Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Personal Unlocking

Tip us?
 
Cybertronicz
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 38
Join Date: Sep 2008
Default Personal Unlocking

Has anyone figured out how to enable "Personal Unlocking"
It was demo'ed at I/O. If you have your android wear device in range, it wont prompt you to unlock your phone.
I cant seem to find it, im running L preview.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cybertronicz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tomh1979
Old
#2  
tomh1979's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 1,153
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertronicz View Post
Has anyone figured out how to enable "Personal Unlocking"
It was demo'ed at I/O. If you have your android wear device in range, it wont prompt you to unlock your phone.
I cant seem to find it, im running L preview.
i'm not sure it's available yet in the preview, wish it was since that is what i'm running, but if it is yeah more details about it would be nice to.
Current device's:
1. Hammerhead (N5): stock rooted
2. Grouper: stock just as i love her.
 
spiderflash
Old
#3  
spiderflash's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 223
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Munich
I'm pretty sure it's not available yet. It will be in the full release of L. I'm guessing it was just a demo at Google I/O and it's still too buggy or similar.
 
PMentior
Old
#4  
PMentior's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 165
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Akron, OH
There are a number of apps that can do this. I use SkipLock and I have heard that pebble locker can do this. I don't however use L Preview as it really driver so I'm not sure if SkipLock works in the preview

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Nexus 4 16GB
Nexus 5 32GB Black
Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB
 
spiderflash
Old
#5  
spiderflash's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 223
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Munich
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMentior View Post
There are a number of apps that can do this. I use SkipLock and I have heard that pebble locker can do this. I don't however use L Preview as it really driver so I'm not sure if SkipLock works in the preview
True, I'm just using tasker and secure settings to unlock my phone when the watch is connected. When it's disconnected tasker checks whether I manually disconnected (cause I'm home and want the watch to charger eg) or whether the watch or the phone got stolen and then takes appropriate action (alarm, photo, tracking, password lock, etc)
 
mb3030
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 144
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: lake grove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertronicz View Post
Has anyone figured out how to enable "Personal Unlocking"
It was demo'ed at I/O. If you have your android wear device in range, it wont prompt you to unlock your phone.
I cant seem to find it, im running L preview.
im using pebble locker and it works (i paid 2.99 for the app though if that bothers you)
 
esoh
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 240
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMentior View Post
There are a number of apps that can do this. I use SkipLock and I have heard that pebble locker can do this. I don't however use L Preview as it really driver so I'm not sure if SkipLock works in the preview

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Does anyone know if Pebble Locker or Skiplock has a on/off widget. I would like a one touch on/off feature for when I'm in the car, etc., and it would help to have one vs. having to go through serveral menus. I just installed Skiplock and couldn't find one, so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks.
 
PMentior
Old
#8  
PMentior's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 165
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Akron, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoh View Post
Does anyone know if Pebble Locker or Skiplock has a on/off widget. I would like a one touch on/off feature for when I'm in the car, etc., and it would help to have one vs. having to go through serveral menus. I just installed Skiplock and couldn't find one, so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks.
Do you not wear your G Watch in the car? With skiplock just have your watch set as a trusted Bluetooth device and as long as it is connected you shouldn't need your phone's pin/password.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Nexus 4 16GB
Nexus 5 32GB Black
Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB
 
esoh
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 240
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMentior View Post
Do you not wear your G Watch in the car? With skiplock just have your watch set as a trusted Bluetooth device and as long as it is connected you shouldn't need your phone's pin/password.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sorry, maybe I should've been more clear. Yes, I wear the Gwatch in the car. But I only want to be able to use Trusted BT Device in the car and not when my phone is sitting my desk at work for example and I'm in range with my watch. Therefore, I'd like to be able to toggle Skiplock on and off with a toggle vs. having to find the app, start the app, click on settings, turn on the slider, close app. I don't see a on/off toggle in the widget gallery so I was asking if Pebble Locker had one or there was one with SL that I was missing.
 
PMentior
Old
#10  
PMentior's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 165
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Akron, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoh View Post
Sorry, maybe I should've been more clear. Yes, I wear the Gwatch in the car. But I only want to be able to use Trusted BT Device in the car and not when my phone is sitting my desk at work for example and I'm in range with my watch. Therefore, I'd like to be able to toggle Skiplock on and off with a toggle vs. having to find the app, start the app, click on settings, turn on the slider, close app. I don't see a on/off toggle in the widget gallery so I was asking if Pebble Locker had one or there was one with SL that I was missing.
If you have root I believe you might be able to do this with tasked and the secure settings plugin. Do you have a WiFi network at your work that you can connect your phone to? I think I might try to set this up on my own after I get off of work for the weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Nexus 4 16GB
Nexus 5 32GB Black
Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes