Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cover Face To Dim Gesture

Tip us?

krazyflipj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 317
Default Cover Face To Dim Gesture

Anyone having any issues with getting the screen to dim by covering screen with hand?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

AT&T HTC ONE

BobDunn
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyflipj View Post
Anyone having any issues with getting the screen to dim by covering screen with hand?

Nope

spiderflash
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyflipj View Post

You don't actually have to cover the screen with the hand as the watch doesn't have an proximity sensor. instead just touch the whole screen with your hand, it also works if you just use your thumb and touch the middle of the screen.
Please use the search function or Google before creating an unnecessary thread / post about somthing which has already been answered. Also please read the rules and post in the right forum. Thanks!

My devices:

LG Nexus 5 - Black 16GB - Stock ROM with Root & Xposed - ElementalX Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White 64GB - Stock with Root
LG G Watch - Black 4GB - Gohma ROM (modified) & Root

<------- Please click if I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderflash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krazyflipj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderflash View Post
You don't actually have to cover the screen with the hand as the watch doesn't have an proximity sensor. instead just touch the whole screen with your hand, it also works if you just use your thumb and touch the middle of the screen.
Nevermind got it to work. Thanks

AT&T HTC ONE

trh1341
Old
Thanks Meter 659

DONATE TO ME
A lot of people have the impression that the watch has a proximity sensor, I'd doesn't it just looks for something to cover the screen from one side to the other. So you can even just lay your finger over the whole screen in any direction....Sorry if that didn't make sense
If I have helped you, please hit the thanks button!

I also have a PayPal. Check my profile for my email, or i can give it to you here (trh1341@gmail.com)
I am working on my development skills, but right now, I have dial up internet speed and old computer that makes it hard to build from source. I am also creating a couple ROMs(One ROM will focus on battery life, the other will focus on features) but I need help with money to get a better computer. Any help will be appreciated!.