Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Critical failures: Disconnected and "Can't reach Google at the moment"

Tip us?

Galitrin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs down Critical failures: Disconnected and "Can't reach Google at the moment"

Hi all,

I hope you can help me because I'm having the following issues:

- When saying "Ok Google" or tapping the main screen to enter in search/command mode, I start speaking, the device starts converting voice to text and, sometimes (almost 50% of total times), it suddenly shows the "Disconnected" message with the cloud icon... But the device is still paired (I still receive notifications and so on).

- When I receive any message from Hangouts and I want to reply it through voice, an error message appears: "Can't reach Google at the moment". But if I select a default reply from the available list, I can reply with no problems...

Notifications are working great. It looks like it's related to voice search/commands...

Best regards,

spiderflash
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galitrin View Post
Hi all,

I hope you can help me because I'm having the following issues:

- When saying "Ok Google" or tapping the main screen to enter in search/command mode, I start speaking, the device starts converting voice to text and, sometimes (almost 50% of total times), it suddenly shows the "Disconnected" message with the cloud icon... But the device is still paired (I still receive notifications and so on).

- When I receive any message from Hangouts and I want to reply it through voice, an error message appears: "Can't reach Google at the moment". But if I select a default reply from the available list, I can reply with no problems...

Notifications are working great. It looks like it's related to voice search/commands...

Best regards,
There is a thread for these issues. And these specific two have also been posted there. Please continue the discussion here.
Please use the search function or Google before creating an unnecessary thread / post about somthing which has already been answered. Also please read the rules and post in the right forum. Thanks!

My devices:

LG Nexus 5 - Black 16GB - Stock ROM with Root & Xposed - ElementalX Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White 64GB - Stock with Root
LG G Watch - Black 4GB - Gohma ROM (modified) & Root

<------- Please click if I helped you