Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 52,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Dev Req] Watch Faces

Tip us?

robb01
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Dev Req] Watch Faces

I'm sure there would be a good market for these and would love to see the following watch faces implemented in Android Wear:

spiderflash
Old
Thanks Meter 47
+1
Please use the search function or Google before creating an unnecessary thread / post about somthing which has already been answered. Also please read the rules and post in the right forum. Thanks!

My devices:

LG Nexus 5 - Black 16GB - Stock ROM with Root & Xposed - ElementalX Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White 64GB - Stock with Root
LG G Watch - Black 4GB - Gohma ROM (modified) & Root

<------- Please click if I helped you

bryanhayn
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I agree with the Bell & Ross watch faces. If we could also get some Tag Monacos that would be nice.
Not that you care, but my phone history: Samsung SGH-N105, SGH-S105, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 3650, 3220, Motorola SLVR L7, Blackberry Pearl 8100, original iPhone, 3G, 3GS, & 4, Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, SIII, Note 2, HTC One, LG G2 & Pebble watch, Sony Xperia Z2 & LG G Watch (current)

robb01
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Found a developer and we're working on it.....

TjPhysicist
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb01 View Post

May I request that you not put in the external watch hardware as a part of the face? It ruins the illusion and looks, just the face (like don't put in the screw and the outside plating and the strap etc as a part of the watchface). Like in the pic above, if you were designing that as a watch face, I would put the actual face, and perhaps the circle as well, but not the square piece outside it or the screws. Even with my galaxy gear a lot of watchface designers did that, and frankly it looked really weird.

JOHNGAETANO
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I agree, it looks like two watches then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjPhysicist View Post
May I request that you not put in the external watch hardware as a part of the face? It ruins the illusion and looks, just the face (like don't put in the screw and the outside plating and the strap etc as a part of the watchface). Like in the pic above, if you were designing that as a watch face, I would put the actual face, and perhaps the circle as well, but not the square piece outside it or the screws. Even with my galaxy gear a lot of watchface designers did that, and frankly it looked really weird.
Current Phone: Nexus 5
Current Tab: Surface Pro 3
Previous Phones: (HTC One M8, Nokia 1520, Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5s,Droid Maxx, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, HTC One M7, Galaxy Note, iPhone 4s, RAZR, Rezound, Nexus S, Epic 4G Touch, iPhone 4, Blackberry Torch, Infuse, Atrix, Nexus One, iPhone 3GS, Blackberry Storm 2, iPhone 3, EVO, Blackberry Storm, Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Curve, iPhone, Treo, Original RAZR)

Thanks
John Gaetano

bogstandard
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb01 View Post

Looks good, but better without the screws
Nexus 5
PA
Franco Kernel

Nexus 7
CarbonRom

LG G Watch

opasha
Old
(Last edited by opasha; 14th July 2014 at 11:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 212
I decided to do this for you guys until they make a watch face with date and seconds. It took me about 2 hours (wanted to make it perfect). Just use Wear Faces and my png files below. I took the yellow watch face and the white watch's watch hands from the picture you posted above and did my edits. All credit goes to those who posted those. I think they turned out great . If you guys have any preferred colors, let me know or feel free to do it yourself in Gimp or Photoshop by changing the Hue. Hope you like them. Enjoy!

The colors are much brighter/better in person. For some reason, the centers aren't exactly overlapping correctly. I think it is because I used _MinusZero_'s hour and minute hand png background file and tried to match them up according to that since I wasn't sure how high or low I was supposed to center those. Can anyone tell me or feel free to correct this? Thank you .

PNG Files:

Yellow Gold:

Cyan:

Devices: At&t Galaxy Note 3 (rooted), Surface Pro 3

nobnut
Old
(Last edited by nobnut; 14th July 2014 at 02:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2422
Use WearFaces

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI

XDA PORTAL POSTS

TWRP Now Available for the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live

Over the past week or so, we’ve talkedquite a bit about the first … more

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more