Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Dev Req] Watch Faces

OP robb01

11th July 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

33 posts
More
I'm sure there would be a good market for these and would love to see the following watch faces implemented in Android Wear:

11th July 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 96

331 posts
More
+1
12th July 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 39

191 posts
I agree with the Bell & Ross watch faces. If we could also get some Tag Monacos that would be nice.
12th July 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

33 posts
More
Found a developer and we're working on it.....

12th July 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 42

412 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb01

May I request that you not put in the external watch hardware as a part of the face? It ruins the illusion and looks, just the face (like don't put in the screw and the outside plating and the strap etc as a part of the watchface). Like in the pic above, if you were designing that as a watch face, I would put the actual face, and perhaps the circle as well, but not the square piece outside it or the screws. Even with my galaxy gear a lot of watchface designers did that, and frankly it looked really weird.
12th July 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #6  
Ohio
Thanks Meter: 9

148 posts
More
I agree, it looks like two watches then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjPhysicist

May I request that you not put in the external watch hardware as a part of the face? It ruins the illusion and looks, just the face (like don't put in the screw and the outside plating and the strap etc as a part of the watchface). Like in the pic above, if you were designing that as a watch face, I would put the actual face, and perhaps the circle as well, but not the square piece outside it or the screws. Even with my galaxy gear a lot of watchface designers did that, and frankly it looked really weird.

12th July 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 17

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb01

Looks good, but better without the screws
14th July 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 276

1,451 posts
I decided to do this for you guys until they make a watch face with date and seconds. It took me about 2 hours (wanted to make it perfect). Just use Wear Faces and my png files below. I took the yellow watch face and the white watch's watch hands from the picture you posted above and did my edits. All credit goes to those who posted those. I think they turned out great . If you guys have any preferred colors, let me know or feel free to do it yourself in Gimp or Photoshop by changing the Hue. Hope you like them. Enjoy!

The colors are much brighter/better in person. For some reason, the centers aren't exactly overlapping correctly. I think it is because I used _MinusZero_'s hour and minute hand png background file and tried to match them up according to that since I wasn't sure how high or low I was supposed to center those. Can anyone tell me or feel free to correct this? Thank you .

PNG Files:

Yellow Gold:

Cyan:

Last edited by opasha; 14th July 2014 at 12:54 PM.
14th July 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2,540

6,579 posts
Use WearFaces

Last edited by nobnut; 14th July 2014 at 03:10 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread