No registration required

[Q] Disconnected message when searching

OP mickmel

16th July 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 12

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHelp101

I found a small fix for this issue if anyone still needs help. I just set a tasker task to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth every hour. I haven't encounter this issue after doing so. It takes about 10 seconds and works great for me.

Nice idea, however it doesn't fix the issue for me (I bought Tasker specifically for this). Is this still working for you, or is it just improving things slightly?

Trouble is I don't use the voice search in public often (people stare!), but when I do want to show-off my watch's features, it fails - I look like a nob! Anyone found any sign that Google are looking at this? Does the Gear Live have this problem?
16th July 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #12  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 95

331 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkside

Nice idea, however it doesn't fix the issue for me (I bought Tasker specifically for this). Is this still working for you, or is it just improving things slightly?

Trouble is I don't use the voice search in public often (people stare!), but when I do want to show-off my watch's features, it fails - I look like a nob! Anyone found any sign that Google are looking at this? Does the Gear Live have this problem?

I found it only improves it a little, but it's not a full fix. Sometimes my watch works the whole day without connection problems and then suddenly multiple times in a short period of time.

I've read that the gear live has the same problem, so I guess it's android wear wide. Hopefully google is going to bring out an update soon which fixes all the annoying bugs.
17th July 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 59

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkside

Like stated by the previous post this is a simple fix. The only one that can truly fix the issue is Google. I have used this for a week and not had any issues relating to bluetooth disconnecting. One issue I noticed was Google Search sometimes breaks after using it multiple times in a short amount of time. I usually have to just force stop Google Search every 3 days also.

This has always been an issue I had even before Android Wear. If I used Google Now too much I couldn't get the "Okay Google" command to work. It seems this also happen when using wear too much. A simple force stop fixed it, but it is annoying when you want it to just work. Another thing I noticed was custom roms are having issues with Android Wear in my case.

Every time I use a custom rom on my Nexus 5 and try to use my LG G Watch I have constant disconnects and Google Search issues. Maybe Android Wear isn't playing nice with custom roms, but after using rooted stock for the last week I am experience very few issues compared to when using different custom roms. I noticed whenever I used a custom rom I got the "Connected, running sync loop". I have no idea if this causes the constant disconnects, but on stock with the simple "Connected" I have no issues.
20th July 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #14  
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 17

183 posts
Donate to Me
More
I started out with the same problem using a Gear Live with a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. The thing that fixed it for me was turning off battery saving mode on the phone - called stamina on the Xperia - that was turning off BT to save power. Now I rarely see the disconnected message.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread