G watch is frozen.

OP Derekwolfee

1st September 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

127 posts
Looked at my watch and noticed the time was about an hour off.. The watch is completely frozen. I've tried placing it on the charging dock, also pressing the reset button for up to 30 seconds. And looking within the android wear app for a restart option all to no avail. Anyone know how to restart it?
1st September 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Forest City, NC
Thanks Meter: 26

176 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekwolfee

Looked at my watch and noticed the time was about an hour off.. The watch is completely frozen. I've tried placing it on the charging dock, also pressing the reset button for up to 30 seconds. And looking within the android wear app for a restart option all to no avail. Anyone know how to restart it?

Is the display still on? Maybe once the battery dies you can get it to reboot on the charger. Keep us posted!
1st September 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 47

219 posts
I also frozen my GWatch 2 days ago and I restarted it after push the reset button for 10s.
1st September 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarrow2

Is the display still on? Maybe once the battery dies you can get it to reboot on the charger. Keep us posted!

Yes the display is still on. I was hoping to not have to wait for it to die.. Ugh but thanks!
1st September 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

127 posts
Solved (well kinda): letting the device drain the battery over night and when I woke up the screen was black.. Placed it on the charger and all seems good now. I just wish there was a way to restart it without having to let it die.. Luckily I was home all day yesterday.. But if it would have froze while I was at work I would have been without it all day. That's kinda scary because I need a watch at work in my profession.
2nd September 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #6  
Flag Gaffney
Thanks Meter: 9

62 posts
More
Quote:

Solved (well kinda): letting the device drain the battery over night and when I woke up the screen was black.. Placed it on the charger and all seems good now. I just wish there was a way to restart it without having to let it die.. Luckily I was home all day yesterday.. But if it would have froze while I was at work I would have been without it all day. That's kinda scary because I need a watch at work in my profession.

Look on the back. There is a hole where u can stick a paperclip or something same in to reset
2nd September 2014, 10:08 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
my watch seems died. Left it on the charging cradle all night long, this morning i found it off with no way to turn it on. Placing on the cradle again shows the full battery icon, but the screen is totally black. Tried to use the little button on the back of the watch for about 10 sec with no results... any suggest but rma?
2nd September 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1981

Look on the back. There is a hole where u can stick a paperclip or something same in to reset

I tried the reset button. Its in the op but thanks.
2nd September 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagast82

my watch seems died. Left it on the charging cradle all night long, this morning i found it off with no way to turn it on. Placing on the cradle again shows the full battery icon, but the screen is totally black. Tried to use the little button on the back of the watch for about 10 sec with no results... any suggest but rma?

Maybe try letting the battery run dead? That is what I had to do in order to get mine to reset
2nd September 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:

Maybe try letting the battery run dead? That is what I had to do in order to get mine to reset

the thing is, seems like the watch is off, so i guess it won't go out of battery...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread