Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 54,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G watch is frozen.

Tip us?

Derekwolfee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default G watch is frozen.

Looked at my watch and noticed the time was about an hour off.. The watch is completely frozen. I've tried placing it on the charging dock, also pressing the reset button for up to 30 seconds. And looking within the android wear app for a restart option all to no avail. Anyone know how to restart it?

ckarrow2
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekwolfee View Post
Looked at my watch and noticed the time was about an hour off.. The watch is completely frozen. I've tried placing it on the charging dock, also pressing the reset button for up to 30 seconds. And looking within the android wear app for a restart option all to no avail. Anyone know how to restart it?
Is the display still on? Maybe once the battery dies you can get it to reboot on the charger. Keep us posted!
----------------
Samsung Galaxy S4 -Verizon-MDK (NC5)
Danvdh's GOOGLE EDITION 4.4.4
Google Now Launcher
MDK BootLoader
Rooted
TWRP
------------------
LG G Watch
Android Wear 4.4W
------------------
Galaxy Nexus 7 (2013)
KitKat 4.4.4
Rooted
------------------
Memories:
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
Moto Droid 3
Moto Droid 2
HTC Touch Pro 2
LG Voyager
Many Flip Phones
First Cell Phone: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_StarTAC

dersie
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I also frozen my GWatch 2 days ago and I restarted it after push the reset button for 10s.

Derekwolfee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarrow2 View Post
Is the display still on? Maybe once the battery dies you can get it to reboot on the charger. Keep us posted!
Yes the display is still on. I was hoping to not have to wait for it to die.. Ugh but thanks!

Derekwolfee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Solved (well kinda): letting the device drain the battery over night and when I woke up the screen was black.. Placed it on the charger and all seems good now. I just wish there was a way to restart it without having to let it die.. Luckily I was home all day yesterday.. But if it would have froze while I was at work I would have been without it all day. That's kinda scary because I need a watch at work in my profession.

dude1981
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Solved (well kinda): letting the device drain the battery over night and when I woke up the screen was black.. Placed it on the charger and all seems good now. I just wish there was a way to restart it without having to let it die.. Luckily I was home all day yesterday.. But if it would have froze while I was at work I would have been without it all day. That's kinda scary because I need a watch at work in my profession.
Look on the back. There is a hole where u can stick a paperclip or something same in to reset

Radagast82
Old
Thanks Meter 0
my watch seems died. Left it on the charging cradle all night long, this morning i found it off with no way to turn it on. Placing on the cradle again shows the full battery icon, but the screen is totally black. Tried to use the little button on the back of the watch for about 10 sec with no results... any suggest but rma?

Derekwolfee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1981 View Post
Look on the back. There is a hole where u can stick a paperclip or something same in to reset
I tried the reset button. Its in the op but thanks.

Derekwolfee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagast82 View Post
my watch seems died. Left it on the charging cradle all night long, this morning i found it off with no way to turn it on. Placing on the cradle again shows the full battery icon, but the screen is totally black. Tried to use the little button on the back of the watch for about 10 sec with no results... any suggest but rma?
Maybe try letting the battery run dead? That is what I had to do in order to get mine to reset

Radagast82
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Maybe try letting the battery run dead? That is what I had to do in order to get mine to reset
the thing is, seems like the watch is off, so i guess it won't go out of battery...