Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

How to fix driver problems

OP spiderflash

8th July 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 83

316 posts
More
Try this first:
  • Uninstall (and delete if possible) the driver then reinstall it
  • Install the USB-Drivers from the Android SDK first (should automatically be checked to install when opening the SDK Manager)

If the above fails here is how to manually install the drivers for USB-debugging:
Method 1:
  • Download the Google USB drivers from here
  • Extract the ZIP anywhere
  • In the Windows Device Manager right click "G Watch" and select to update the drivers
  • Select search for drivers on the computer (2nd option)
  • Point Windows to that folder you just extracted (should be called "usb_driver")
  • Select that folder and Windows should install the correct drivers. You might have to restart the PC.

If method 1 fails (which was the case for me) go to method 2

Method 2:
  • Again in the Windows Device Manager right click "G Watch" and select to update the drivers
  • Select choose driver from a list of device drivers on this computer
  • Choose "Android Device" and click next
  • Select "Google" as manufacturer and "Android ADB Interface Version X.x.x.x" (newest one, for me it is 9.0.0.0) as model then click next
  • Select yes in the next dialogue
  • Windows should now manually install this driver

Remember that you also have to allow USB debugging on the watch first and also accept the warning on the phone that will appear after the watch drivers are correctly installed, else ADB will not work.

The options might not always be accurate as my computer language is set to german and I just freely translated
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spiderflash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

211 posts
Make sure you have an up to date ADB version as well. I updated both driver and platform-tools from SDK manager. I loaded the COMPOSITE ADB version 10 driver.

Also you may have to turn on Bluetooth Debuging in Wear App and on Watch before you can get a prompt to authorize your PC ADB connection. This will likely show on the Phone not the watch to accept. (I ran into this issue last night)
9th July 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderflash

Try this first:

• Uninstall (and delete if possible) the driver then reinstall it
  • Install the USB-Drivers from the Android SDK first (should automatically be checked to install when opening the SDK Manager)

If the above fails here is how to manually install the drivers for USB-debugging:
Method 1:
  • Download the Google USB drivers from here
  • Extract the ZIP anywhere
  • In the Windows Device Manager right click "G Watch" and select to update the drivers
  • Point Windows to that folder you just extracted (should be called "usb_driver")
  • Select that folder and Windows should install the correct drivers. You might have to restart the PC.

If method 1 fails (which was the case for me) go to method 2

Method 2:
  • Again in the Windows Device Manager right click "G Watch" and select to update the drivers
  • Select choose driver from a list of device drivers on this computer
  • Choose "Android Device" and click next
  • Select "Google" as manufacturer and "Android ADB Interface Version X.x.x.x" (newest one, for me it is 9.0.0.0) as model then click next
  • Select yes in the next dialogue
  • Windows should now manually install this driver

Remember that you also have to allow USB debugging on the watch first and also accept the warning on the phone that will appear after the watch drivers are correctly installed, else ADB will not work.

The options might not always be accurate as my computer language is set to german and I just freely translated

Yes, worked Thanks!!
10th July 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #4  
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 96

1,164 posts
i can finally get adb to see my g watch, but it only comes up as unauthorized, i can't seem to get past that point,

fixed.
Last edited by tomh1979; 10th July 2014 at 02:18 PM.
10th July 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

316 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh1979

i can finally get adb to see my g watch, but it only comes up as unauthorized, i can't seem to get past that point,

take the watch off the charger. turn the screen of your phone on. then place the watch on the dock connected to the pc again. there should now come up a warning on the phone about accepting the usb debugging. accept it and your done.
you probably didn't see the notification before as it comes up on the phone and not the watch so when your phone screen is off you won't see it.
7th August 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #6  
Flag Leuven
Thanks Meter: 183

396 posts
More
I always get a 'Code 28'-error. Any ideas? It says: "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

BTW: ADB access was already accepted on my phone.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by brakke97; 7th August 2014 at 12:11 PM.
7th August 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

316 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakke97

I always get a 'Code 28'-error. Any ideas? It says: "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Which driver did you select exactly?
26th August 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #8  
Flag waasmunster
Thanks Meter: 15

200 posts
More
Same problem... Can't install driver
So here's what I did.... I downloaded the latest google usb drivers. Putted the usb drivers folder into C disc in a folder android... So C//android/usb_drivers (I don't know if the line I typed is written right but you know where it is and what I'm talking about )

Then I plug in my watch (usb debugging already checked), right click the G watch in device manager. Update drivers.... Search manually to the downloaded usb driver folder (android/usb_drivers).
If I press next it fails. So I have to select my device... The only device closest to what I think is the right device is the Samsung android device.
So I press next it completes but still not properly connected.

Read about the Samsung android device issue... So deleted the drivers completely... Again... Reconnected my watch but it always shows as Samsung android device....

Tried it on Windows 8 and 7...no luck so far...

Haven't tried it with the sdk manager but it's not so clear to me... It is only to download the USB drivers? Or also to install them properly?

Pls help! I wanna root this bit**

Thanks!
27th August 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #9  
Flag Gaffney
Thanks Meter: 8

60 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liobeir

So here's what I did.... I downloaded the latest google usb drivers. Putted the usb drivers folder into C disc in a folder android... So C//android/usb_drivers (I don't know if the line I typed is written right but you know where it is and what I'm talking about )

Then I plug in my watch (usb debugging already checked), right click the G watch in device manager. Update drivers.... Search manually to the downloaded usb driver folder (android/usb_drivers).
If I press next it fails. So I have to select my device... The only device closest to what I think is the right device is the Samsung android device.
So I press next it completes but still not properly connected.

Read about the Samsung android device issue... So deleted the drivers completely... Again... Reconnected my watch but it always shows as Samsung android device....

Tried it on Windows 8 and 7...no luck so far...

Haven't tried it with the sdk manager but it's not so clear to me... It is only to download the USB drivers? Or also to install them properly?

Pls help! I wanna root this bit**

Thanks!

Have u tried @Tomsgt G watch toolkit?
28th August 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1981

Have u tried @Tomsgt G watch toolkit?

please help me drivers adb for G WACHT , 2 METOD FAILED

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread