Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] G Watch - "always on" screen flicker in the dark?

OP joeinbend

8th July 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
I just got my LG G Watch yesterday, and I noticed last night when you leave it with the "always on" option where it dims the screen way down, that in the dark I can see the screen flickering. I tried all the different brightness levels in Settings to see if that would change it, but does not. Can anyone else confirm this? You'll have to get in pitch black environment to see this.

Also, is there a way to turn off the "shake n wake", where it turns the screen on from motion? I tend to sleep with a watch on, and noticed this watch is very sensitive to (or that I flop around like a fish when I sleep.. that's possible too) motion, and I'd rather be able to set it in "touch to wake" mode.
18th July 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #2  
Flag Laguna Beach
Thanks Meter: 42

374 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinbend

I just got my LG G Watch yesterday, and I noticed last night when you leave it with the "always on" option where it dims the screen way down, that in the dark I can see the screen flickering. I tried all the different brightness levels in Settings to see if that would change it, but does not. Can anyone else confirm this? You'll have to get in pitch black environment to see this.

Also, is there a way to turn off the "shake n wake", where it turns the screen on from motion? I tend to sleep with a watch on, and noticed this watch is very sensitive to (or that I flop around like a fish when I sleep.. that's possible too) motion, and I'd rather be able to set it in "touch to wake" mode.

I haven't noticed any flickering on mine, but I may just not be as sensitive to it. You can disable the 'wake by motion' function by muting the watch. (Pull down from the top of the screen)
The Following User Says Thank You to johnus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 22

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnus

I haven't noticed any flickering on mine, but I may just not be as sensitive to it. You can disable the 'wake by motion' function by muting the watch. (Pull down from the top of the screen)

Thanks for the tip on muting to stop the motion sensor from activating the watch. I find it very sensitive and just sitting at my desk working tends to make it constantly wake up. Muting also turns off vibration so I miss when a notification comes to the watch. Maybe in an OS update or possibly a Developer will enhance the settings so you can still get vibration alerts, but turn off motion wake.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread