Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Massive battery drain?

OP JackHanAnLG

13th August 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 65

522 posts
Mainly the watch now. I resolved my phone issue I was having.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
14th August 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 12

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtrodn

Mainly the watch now. I resolved my phone issue I was having.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Then I'm afraid I can only advise to factory reset the watch and try without any watch-enabled apps. After than installing one by one. No idea if that helps.
7th October 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I am having the same massive battery drain problem, but with my Nexus 5 using the Moto 360. I don't have a problem with the watch battery life. But I certainly do on my phone. At work I don't use the phone (or watch) and the phone normally drains about 8% or something. Now that I have the 360 and Google Wear, my phone battery is more like 72% when I get home and almost all of that is shown as being used by "Google Wear".

This is a Nexus 5. The two are always within about 3 feet of each other. I have Google Now OFF. I have not installed any "apps" on the 360. I rebooted both this morning as a test, made no difference. Four days in a row of this now (since I got the 360). So then I tried to factory reset the watch and resinstalled Wear on the Nexus. No change.

As an example: Today I demoed the watch to two people. I did almost nothing else the entire day. I had no notifications at all. Almost 10 hours off the charger. I made no calls. I had no texts. I didn't even wake the phone AT ALL. 20% of my phone battery disappeared and 65% of it was ANDROID WEAR! 55m and 15s of CPU usage on WEAR???!!!?!?!! Why???? What could possibly justify that much load/power?

(Oh, and the watch only used 25% of its charge during the same period)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-06-18-03-22.png
Views:	92
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	2962344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-06-18-03-27.png
Views:	83
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	2962345  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread