How to Incorporate Lollipop Features into Your App

Lollipop brought many new design aspects and functionality for developers to adapt to, too … more

Major Security Issues Found in New Outlook App

The Outlook app was launched yesterday on iOS and Android, and according to an IBM developer … more

LG G4 Could Feature a… 3K Display?

According to myLGphones, a version of the LG G4 will not feature neither a 2K nor a 4K display … more

What’s the Worst Android Phone You’ve Ever Owned?

All of us here at XDAappreciate just how far Androidhas come. The incredible … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Massive battery drain?

OP JackHanAnLG

13th August 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 65

522 posts
Mainly the watch now. I resolved my phone issue I was having.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
14th August 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 12

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtrodn

Mainly the watch now. I resolved my phone issue I was having.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Then I'm afraid I can only advise to factory reset the watch and try without any watch-enabled apps. After than installing one by one. No idea if that helps.
7th October 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
I am having the same massive battery drain problem, but with my Nexus 5 using the Moto 360. I don't have a problem with the watch battery life. But I certainly do on my phone. At work I don't use the phone (or watch) and the phone normally drains about 8% or something. Now that I have the 360 and Google Wear, my phone battery is more like 72% when I get home and almost all of that is shown as being used by "Google Wear".

This is a Nexus 5. The two are always within about 3 feet of each other. I have Google Now OFF. I have not installed any "apps" on the 360. I rebooted both this morning as a test, made no difference. Four days in a row of this now (since I got the 360). So then I tried to factory reset the watch and resinstalled Wear on the Nexus. No change.

As an example: Today I demoed the watch to two people. I did almost nothing else the entire day. I had no notifications at all. Almost 10 hours off the charger. I made no calls. I had no texts. I didn't even wake the phone AT ALL. 20% of my phone battery disappeared and 65% of it was ANDROID WEAR! 55m and 15s of CPU usage on WEAR???!!!?!?!! Why???? What could possibly justify that much load/power?

(Oh, and the watch only used 25% of its charge during the same period)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-06-18-03-22.png
Views:	282
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	2962344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-06-18-03-27.png
Views:	273
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	2962345  
9th December 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
android wear killing nexus 5 battery
I shut off smart unlock trusted devices and it stopped the drain i was getting on my phone while my lg g watch was connected to my nexus 5. Its pretty lame. I hope they fix this with 5.0.1
28th December 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #25  

1 posts
So i got a new moto360 this week, and since pairing it with my lg g2 and installing android wear, im seeing the same kinds of immense battery drain. Today, for example, i picked up my phobe off the charger around noon. By 6pm, with minimal usage, i was forced to plug in or shut down. When i check my battery logs, android wear doesn't even shoe up on the list, but PHONE and ANDROID SYSTEM are each using over 30% of the battery. Does anyone have any ideas why this is? If its related to the watch, then im highly disappointed and thoroughly disenchanted.
8th January 2015, 05:51 PM   |  #26  
Lynchburg VA
Thanks Meter: 82

292 posts
My battery drained like crazy today. I haven't install anything but a few extra watch faces, but never actually used them. I ended up installing Gohma 2.2.
Last edited by BonezMontana; 9th January 2015 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Found solution
23rd January 2015, 02:28 AM   |  #27  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver

You get 15 hours? I'm doing good with 6 hours at work. Maybe 8 at home.

I just bought an upgraded battery (3800 vs 3000 standard) and still only get 5-6 hours while using my LG G R watch. I have an LG G3, that would make it through the day normally without the android wear. I LOVE the watch but had to stop wearing because it was more important that I had a functioning phone than a cool watch, that would essentially only tell time once my phone died. Hope they get this figured out soon!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread