Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,968 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Protective Plastic?

Tip us?

Mer Ner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Protective Plastic?

This might sound like a daft question, but after receiving my G Watch this morning and taking off the protective plastic on the back and screen, I noticed there is some more plastic stuck on the sides.

However, these pieces of plastic do not want to come off very easily, and leave a small amount of sticky residue. I'm wondering if they're meant to be left on the device.

Does anyone know either way if these pieces of plastic on the side are to be removed?

shotgunfool
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mer Ner View Post
This might sound like a daft question, but after receiving my G Watch this morning and taking off the protective plastic on the back and screen, I noticed there is some more plastic stuck on the sides.

However, these pieces of plastic do not want to come off very easily, and leave a small amount of sticky residue. I'm wondering if they're meant to be left on the device.

Does anyone know either way if these pieces of plastic on the side are to be removed?
I see the bits you mean, they look like they should be removed, but for some reason when you peeled them off you didnt get most of the glue off, im thinking i may leave them on so the edge of the watch doesnt get scratched

Mer Ner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunfool View Post
I see the bits you mean, they look like they should be removed, but for some reason when you peeled them off you didnt get most of the glue off, im thinking i may leave them on so the edge of the watch doesnt get scratched
Yeah. I decided to bite the bullet and peel them off. They weren't easy to get off, but after rubbing my finger over the area they were stuck on to, it seemed to shine up and match the finish of the rest of the watch.

jm77
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mer Ner View Post
Yeah. I decided to bite the bullet and peel them off. They weren't easy to get off, but after rubbing my finger over the area they were stuck on to, it seemed to shine up and match the finish of the rest of the watch.
I did the same. Looks fine.
Nexus 5 (4.4.4/L Dev Preview)
Nexus 7 (2013, 4.4.4 Rooted)
LG G Watch (stock)

Hardcore73
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Anyone else wonder why the gold is not very bright?

Sent from my LG-F400K using XDA Free mobile app