FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Random screen on

1,632 posts
Thanks Meter: 544
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Yesterday I got my LG G watch and everything was great, then this morning I tried to apply a screen protector, and since then my screen has been randomly turning on and stuff, it launched Google voice search by itself or swiped trough the cards by itself. I already did a factory reset, but the problem still persist. Does anyone else face this problem and is there a way to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: After turning developer options on and using the show touches option I can see my screen is pressed without I am pressing it (the entire time it's the corner at the bottom right of the screen). Is this an over sensitive screen? Or maybe it happened because I tried to apply a screen protector?
Last edited by Thatgrass; 6th September 2014 at 02:35 PM.
 
 
19th August 2014, 05:33 PM |#2  
kpjimmy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,099
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatgrass

Yesterday I got my LG G watch and everything was great, then this morning I tried to apply a screen protector, and since then my screen has been randomly turning on and stuff, it launched Google voice search by itself or swiped trough the cards by itself. I already did a factory reset, but the problem still persist. Does anyone else face this problem and is there a way to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: After turning developer options on and using the show touches option I can see my screen is pressed without I am pressing it (the entire time it's the corner at the bottom right of the screen). Is this an over sensitive screen? Or maybe it happened because I tried to apply a screen protector?

I have a spigen screen protector on (dry install) and have no issues. Was yours a dry install as well? Not sure what happens with wet installs.
20th August 2014, 12:29 AM |#3  
Thatgrass's Avatar
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 544
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpjimmy

I have a spigen screen protector on (dry install) and have no issues. Was yours a dry install as well? Not sure what happens with wet installs.

Mine also was dry install, I used a screen protector tool to get the bubbles out, maybe I pushed too hard? (which is not likely, because I have applied dozens of screen protectors and never had any issues)
20th August 2014, 12:36 AM |#4  
kpjimmy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,099
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatgrass

Mine also was dry install, I used a screen protector tool to get the bubbles out, maybe I pushed too hard? (which is not likely, because I have applied dozens of screen protectors and never had any issues)

Unsure. I would just take off the protector.I hope it didn't cost too much. Maybe try another?

Stupid question, did you take off the factory cover prior to installing the new one? Sorry, I have to ask lol.
20th August 2014, 01:31 AM |#5  
Thatgrass's Avatar
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 544
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpjimmy

Unsure. I would just take off the protector.I hope it didn't cost too much. Maybe try another?

Stupid question, did you take off the factory cover prior to installing the new one? Sorry, I have to ask lol.

Haha, didn't cost too much, however, de problem persist even when screen protector is removed..
Yes I did take it off
24th August 2014, 03:51 PM |#6  
Thatgrass's Avatar
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 544
 
Donate to Me
More
Oke, first I thought it was due to an oversensitive touchscreen, however, now I am experiencing the problem when in direct sunlight, when getting back inside the problem keeps appearing for an hour or something and then disappears.. Is this common for some touchscreen?
28th August 2014, 06:58 PM |#7  
Komodo Rogue's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatgrass

Oke, first I thought it was due to an oversensitive touchscreen, however, now I am experiencing the problem when in direct sunlight, when getting back inside the problem keeps appearing for an hour or something and then disappears.. Is this common for some touchscreen?

Mine turns on randomly all the time, it's super annoying, but I think there might be a way to disable it.

I think it's supposed to be a feature: you move your arm around, and the screen turns on so you can read it. Neat idea, but it's waaaay too sensitive, and my screen turns on alllll the time for no reason.

However, your watch is even scrolling through pages and activating google now? Yikes. And it still scrolls/activates google now after you removed the screen protector, not just turning screen on? Unfortunately, I would probably try to exchange it But you'll be glad you did.
28th August 2014, 07:37 PM |#8  
Thatgrass's Avatar
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 544
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo Rogue

Mine turns on randomly all the time, it's super annoying, but I think there might be a way to disable it.

I think it's supposed to be a feature: you move your arm around, and the screen turns on so you can read it. Neat idea, but it's waaaay too sensitive, and my screen turns on alllll the time for no reason.

However, your watch is even scrolling through pages and activating google now? Yikes. And it still scrolls/activates google now after you removed the screen protector, not just turning screen on? Unfortunately, I would probably try to exchange it But you'll be glad you did.

Thanks for your reply, unfortunate you experience the same with your watch, however, mine is not too sensitive, but the heat of the sun or bright daylight causes the touchscreen to activate and register a touch, I already informed LG of my problem, and they said they took the problem to the technical staff and will inform me in a couple of days what to do
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes